8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the Kingston E100 comes in at 37,726 IOPS at QD256, which brings it directly underneath the Micron P400m and the Intel DC S3700. This is a great score for a SandForce-based SSD.
The average 8K random write speed of the Kingston E100 is 19,104 IOPS at QD256. The wide performance variability is indicative of SandForce characteristics with partially compressible data.
The Kingston E100 has a tighter performance range in comparison to its 4K write percentage-testing results. The Micron P400m is far more consistent, though its average dips below that of the E100 in the 30-90% write percentage fields.
The Kingston E100 has a large percentage of its 8K write activity, 36.9%, land in the lower range of 6-8ms. 38.1% of I/O falls into the 10-20ms range, and 11.9% lands at 20-40ms. This latency variation closely mirrors the results in the performance testing. The entire latency range spans from .8-1ms to 100-200ms.
Power consumption for the Kingston E100 averages 4.02 Watts, slightly higher than the Micron P400m.
The E100 averages 4,739 IOPS per Watt, slightly higher than the rest of the test pool.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset