KingFast F3 Plus Series Internals
The KingFast F3 Plus features branding on the front of the SSD and the rear is devoid of any markings. The SSD's come in either 9mm or 7mm Z-Heights and the standard 2.5" form factor.
The F3 Plus comes in a sturdy molded alloy case. There are no thermal pads, but with the very high heat tolerance of SLC, this isn't required for the banks of NAND. The LSI SandForce controller has built-in thermal protection, which will throttle the SSD at a temperature threshold.
We also observe the four packages of 29F16B16NCNE1 Intel 25nm SLC NAND.
The NAND and controller populate the top of the PCB and we can also observe the robust power components onboard the PCB. There is no DRAM cache for LSI SandForce SSD's, which provide them an advantage in power loss events.
The bottom of the PCB is unremarkable, with all of the NAND on the top of the PCB.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Next iPhone might not be that spectacular after all...
- Samsung confirms Black Pearl; comes with more storage
- Pewdiepie to delete his channel later today
- NASA joins Giphy with almost 500 awesome GIFs
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD