KingFast F3 Plus Series Internals
The KingFast F3 Plus features branding on the front of the SSD and the rear is devoid of any markings. The SSD's come in either 9mm or 7mm Z-Heights and the standard 2.5" form factor.
The F3 Plus comes in a sturdy molded alloy case. There are no thermal pads, but with the very high heat tolerance of SLC, this isn't required for the banks of NAND. The LSI SandForce controller has built-in thermal protection, which will throttle the SSD at a temperature threshold.
We also observe the four packages of 29F16B16NCNE1 Intel 25nm SLC NAND.
The NAND and controller populate the top of the PCB and we can also observe the robust power components onboard the PCB. There is no DRAM cache for LSI SandForce SSD's, which provide them an advantage in power loss events.
The bottom of the PCB is unremarkable, with all of the NAND on the top of the PCB.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup