KingFast F3 Plus Series Internals
The KingFast F3 Plus features branding on the front of the SSD and the rear is devoid of any markings. The SSD's come in either 9mm or 7mm Z-Heights and the standard 2.5" form factor.
The F3 Plus comes in a sturdy molded alloy case. There are no thermal pads, but with the very high heat tolerance of SLC, this isn't required for the banks of NAND. The LSI SandForce controller has built-in thermal protection, which will throttle the SSD at a temperature threshold.
We also observe the four packages of 29F16B16NCNE1 Intel 25nm SLC NAND.
The NAND and controller populate the top of the PCB and we can also observe the robust power components onboard the PCB. There is no DRAM cache for LSI SandForce SSD's, which provide them an advantage in power loss events.
The bottom of the PCB is unremarkable, with all of the NAND on the top of the PCB.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV is the new Skyrim
- Battlefield 1 rumored to get support for HDR soon
- Star Wars Battlefront II's new trailer looks INCREDIBLE
- NVIDIA announces SLI/HDR support for Shadow of War on PC
- ASUS B250 Mining Expert board: support for 19 x GPUs
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience