KingFast F3 Plus Series Internals
The KingFast F3 Plus features branding on the front of the SSD and the rear is devoid of any markings. The SSD's come in either 9mm or 7mm Z-Heights and the standard 2.5" form factor.
The F3 Plus comes in a sturdy molded alloy case. There are no thermal pads, but with the very high heat tolerance of SLC, this isn't required for the banks of NAND. The LSI SandForce controller has built-in thermal protection, which will throttle the SSD at a temperature threshold.
We also observe the four packages of 29F16B16NCNE1 Intel 25nm SLC NAND.
The NAND and controller populate the top of the PCB and we can also observe the robust power components onboard the PCB. There is no DRAM cache for LSI SandForce SSD's, which provide them an advantage in power loss events.
The bottom of the PCB is unremarkable, with all of the NAND on the top of the PCB.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, a very slick mobo for Ryzen
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600X costs $260, offers Intel perf. at $617
- Early Nintendo Switch consoles were actually stolen
- Why Nier: Automata isn't coming to Xbox One
- Grand Theft Auto movie or TV show could happen
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- First ever CPU overclock - is this ok?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces Strix Impact