KingFast F3 Plus Series Specifications
The KingFast F3 Plus Series SSD features an impressive endurance specification of 6,000 TBW for the 60GB model and 12,000 TBW for the 120GB model. There is no information on how these endurance numbers were obtained, but with SLC, it is certain that the F3 Plus will offer up plenty of endurance for users.
The KingFast F3 Plus features sequential read/write speeds of 556/530 MB/s, respectively. The random read IOPS are 55,735 and random write weighs in at a higher 83,221 IOPS. These are FOB (Fresh out of Box) numbers with 100% compressible data. We will test the steady state performance with 50% compressible data in the following pages.
Power consumption is rated at .3W idle and 2W under a heavy random 4K write workload. These seem to be very optimistic power consumption figures for a heavy write load, and we will put this to the test in this evaluation.
The KingFast F3 Plus sports 55b/512 BCH ECC and enabled R.A.I.S.E functionality to protect user data. There are no capacitors for data hold up with the F3 Plus, but for LSI SandForce powered SSD's power hold-up features aren't as important as with controllers that utilize DRAM caching.
Forgoing the use of a DRAM cache simplifies the construction of the SandForce SSD's, but also helps to eliminate much of the damage with unexpected power loss. LSI SandForce SSD's have a 1 in a 1,000 risk of losing data during a power loss event. While this does not entirely negate the need for supercaps, there is less risk in operating without power hold-up due to the inherent DRAM-less design of the LSI SandForce controllers. The addition of LSI SandForce compression algorithms reduces the wear on NAND during the life of the SSD. When combined with SLC flash this should create a superior SSD in terms of endurance and durability.
Surprisingly the KingFast F3 Plus only features a three year warranty. With many MLC SSD's from the current crop of contenders warrantied for five years, we feel that this SLC SSD should have a longer warranty period.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Civilization VI and Deluxe pre-order deals now available
- Spotify in 'advanced talks' to buy SoundCloud
- Hardware Deals: i5-6600K nears $200, GTX 1070 under $350
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti has no PCIe power connector
- AMD rumored to launch Vega 10 with HBM2 later this year
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now