Inside the Box
The inside includes a little less protection than we would like to see, but nevertheless, it proved to be enough to get our unit safely to our doorstep.
Thermaltake uses a semi-glass black finish on our unit which you can see along with the I/O specification label on the top of the EVO Blue 2.0 850W PSU.
Both sides feature the same EVO Blue 2.0 logo with X pattern stamped into the metal. It is inverted on the other side.
Moving to the back, we find the standard honeycomb mesh grill with AC input and on/off rocker switch. We also find the Turbo Charge button. You push it to get a 100-shot of nitrous... wrong subject. The button simply changes the color of the fan and forces it to operate at max speed, hence increasing cooling.
As such, Thermaltake feels that it is safe enough to pull 950W out of the unit when enabled. Essentially this means the power supply is underrated and probably so that it could hit the 80 PLUS Gold mark instead of being a 950W Silver unit. As the power supply is rated and advertised as an 850W model that is exactly how we will test it.
Towards the front we find the modular connectors as well as the flat native cables that extend all the way into the power supply.
The bottom of the unit houses the 140mm clear LED fan that cools the EVO Blue 2.0 power supply.
All of the modular cables are of the flat ribbon type.
Also included with the unit are zip-ties, mounting screws, AC input cord, user manual and warranty card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Riot considers G2A sponsorship ban, asks teams to follow suit
- DICE says there will be no microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront
- This tool allows you to use your taskbar on any multi-monitor setup
- Be Quiet! launches its Silent Base 600 chassis with insulation
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger than anything' CD Projekt Red has made
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio