If you think that is a long list of cables, then you're right. There are a ton of ways to go with this power supply and all are geared towards making sure that you're able to utilize the least amount of cabling as possible to reduce case clutter and improve airflow.
You'll not be able to use all of the cables at the same time though as there are eight peripheral connectors, but only five modular connectors for them on the unit.
For our testing purposes, rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
We honestly expected a bit more passive cooling on the inside of the unit, but sometimes less is more. The open design lets fresh air move all the way to the PCB and start moving heat away at the source, rather than waiting for it to be transferred via heat sinks.
Three Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors sit on the primary side of the power supply.
More Nippon Chemi-Con caps are all over the secondary side of the power supply, too.
be quiet! uses their own BQT T13525-YF28 fan to provide the active cooling for the Dark Power Pro 10 1200W.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- 80 games at E3 2016 were powered by Epic's Unreal Engine
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- re image
- Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse Review
- RAM Speed in H61 boards.
- Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines