128K Sequential Read/Write
During the 128K sequential preconditioning phase of testing, we noted the predictable nature of the internal housekeeping routines on the Seagate 600 Pro, with staggered periods of lower write speed.
The 128K sequential speeds reflect the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD using a realistic file size encountered in an enterprise scenario.
The Seagate 600 Pro averages 472MB/s, slightly below the CloudSpeed 500 and the Samsung SM843.
The Seagate 600 Pro slightly edges the CloudSpeed 500 with 447MB/s in sequential write speed.
The Seagate 600 Pro exhibits more variability in the sequential mixed workload testing than the other entrants, though the average speeds outpace the SM843. The CloudSpeed 500 turns in a great performance with chart-topping sequential speed in this test.
The Seagate 600 Pro delivers an outstanding 99.8% of I/Os (1,069,255) at 60-80ms, matching the SM843.
The Seagate 600 Pro experiences a slight increase in power consumption to the end of our preconditioning run. This is reflected in its average wattage score of 3.69 Watts due to the average wattage score being calculated in the last five minutes of the test period. This could be due to the adaptive power adjusting algorithms, which control the power draw of the SSD based upon workload.
The Seagate 600 Pro comes in second in the MB/s to Watts testing, one of only a few tests that falls below a competitor in the efficiency testing, with 121MB/s per Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quake Champions enters Steam Early Access on the PC
- Destiny 2 rocks on the PC with its new 4K 60FPS trailer
- Intel Core i9-7980XE pre-orders begins, priced at $1999
- ASUS tease ROG Strix RX Vega 56 OC Edition graphics card
- Intel Core i3-8350K perf: competes with Core i7-7700K
- Lenovo Legion Y720 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience