8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The Seagate 600 Pro falls into the midrange between the superb read performance of the SM843 and the CloudSpeed 500. The Seagate 600 Pro averages 34,467 IOPS at QD256.
The Seagate 600 Pro and the CloudSpeed 500 trade blows in the 8K random write testing, with very close average speeds and similar write distribution. The Seagate Pro 600 comes in just below the CloudSpeed 500 with an average of 16,053 IOPS at QD 256.
The Seagate Pro 600 performs well in the mixed read/write testing, with an average slightly lower than the CloudSpeed 500 in the heavier mixed workloads.
The Seagate 600 Pro has a wide range of latency distribution in this test, with 3,131,077 I/Os (44%) at 10-20ms, 1,614,008 I/Os (33.7%) at 8-10ms, and 693,221 I/Os (14.4%) at 40-60ms.
Power consumption for the Seagate 600 Pro averages 3.21 Watts.
The Seagate 600 Pro averages 4,945 IOPS, nudging the CloudSpeed 500 for the win.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Transition between zones 'is seamless' in The Division
- NVIDIA rumored to use GDDR5X on next-gen Pascal-based GPUs
- Halo 5 requires 60GB of HDD space on Xbox One
- Allison Road abandons Kickstarter, as it has found itself a publisher
- Check out this awesome 'Back to the Future' vinyl box set
- Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta GPU Performance Overview
- ASUS ZenBook Pro - ram
- Open Hour Gecko TV Box Review
- z87 killer no display after new installation ((URGENT))
- Z170 Raid Setup Post Win7x64 Install to M.2
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the NEW CRONOS AD Premium Gaming Headset
- Kingston Announces the HyperX Cloud Mav Edition Headset
- Super Talent Releases New 128GB USB 2.0 Pico C Drives
- EK Releases Full-coverage Water Block for Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD
- ASUSTOR Launches 31 Series, Economical and Powerful 4K Multimedia NAS