8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The Seagate 600 Pro falls into the midrange between the superb read performance of the SM843 and the CloudSpeed 500. The Seagate 600 Pro averages 34,467 IOPS at QD256.
The Seagate 600 Pro and the CloudSpeed 500 trade blows in the 8K random write testing, with very close average speeds and similar write distribution. The Seagate Pro 600 comes in just below the CloudSpeed 500 with an average of 16,053 IOPS at QD 256.
The Seagate Pro 600 performs well in the mixed read/write testing, with an average slightly lower than the CloudSpeed 500 in the heavier mixed workloads.
The Seagate 600 Pro has a wide range of latency distribution in this test, with 3,131,077 I/Os (44%) at 10-20ms, 1,614,008 I/Os (33.7%) at 8-10ms, and 693,221 I/Os (14.4%) at 40-60ms.
Power consumption for the Seagate 600 Pro averages 3.21 Watts.
The Seagate 600 Pro averages 4,945 IOPS, nudging the CloudSpeed 500 for the win.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier launches, with no reviews
- OnePlus 5 is now globally available
- NVIDIA's new cryptocurrency P106-100 mining cards tested
- Xbox One sales to hit 63 million in 2021, says DFC
- Ubisoft announces new Assassin's Creed mobile game
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller