It is nice to see the move to fully modular cabling with the HALE90 V2 series. Even so, I can't help but feel that the list of cables and connectors is a bit dated.
Most of this stems from having 14 Molex connectors and two FDD connectors in this day and age of SATA. One more cable with four SATA connectors on it over a Molex + FDD cable would make it feel a lot more appropriate as a modern day power supply.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Opening things up, we see that NZXT has continued the white theme here as well. On top of that, they have also managed to reduce and shrink components. If I didn't know better, I'd swear this was a much lower wattage unit by its appearance. The potentiometers that you see aren't for adjusting voltage, but more likely for adjusting the trip points for protections.
Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors sit on the primary side of the power supply.
More Nippon Chemi-Con caps are all over the secondary side of the power supply, too.
Protechnic provides the active cooling for the NZXT HALE90 V2 1000W power supply with the MGA13512YB-O25 135mm fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blade Runner meets Fallout 4 in this amazing settlement creation
- Resident Evil 7 isn't a reboot, you play a powerless, ordinary person
- KFC's new meal box charges your smartphone with its built-in battery
- Join the 'Gods of Egypt' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines