HD Tune Pro
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.00
Developer Homepage: http://www.efdsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
Benchmark: measures the performance
Info: shows detailed information
Health: checks the health status by using SMART
Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write and access time results and for the last couple of years has gained popularity amongst reviewers. It is now considered a must have application for storage device testing.
On the charts today is a drive we haven't published a review on yet, but it's relevant to post it against the Seagate 600 since the controller and the NAND are nearly identical. The drive is the Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB. This isn't the same Neutron GTX we tested last year, this one has a slight change to the BOM, 19nm flash instead of 24nm that the launch day product shipped with.
Reading across the Seagate 600 produces an average data rate of 448MB/s. This is a very high result and puts in close to the performance class that makes up the top tier.
We've had a lot of experience with LAMD controllers. That experience has taught us that LAMD's architecture, no matter who tunes it, has write performance consistency issues. The only way to get around it is to throw a lot of overprovisioning at the issue. That's exactly what Seagate did on the Pro model, but the non-Pro 600 uses the standard 7% OP.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
A sequential read and write test after a relatively small amount of random writes really drives the point home. Here we see the Seagate 600 drop down to less than 25MB/s writes in some places. The results are very disappointing, but expected with this architecture and flash combination.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Seagate 600 SSD 240GB]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile is coming to Xbox One
- Halo 6 won't be Project Scorpio launch game after all
- Tekken 7 release date will be announced next week
- NZXT shows off new Puck cable management system
- Switch's add-on box to use the cloud to boost GPU power?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup