Seagate 600 SSD 240GB
Here we get our first look at the Seagate 600 SSD. The black case is unique to the non-Pro model. Seagate put together an attractive design for the consumer market.
The capacity size, model number and serial number are all located on the back of the drive.
We're looking at the 7mm form factor drive today. This package uses standard 2.5" mounting points so it will work in a desktop adapter bracket, case drive sled and standard notebooks. The 7mm z-height design has taken on in the ultrabook market, where it was first designed for.
7mm drives use standard SATA power and data connectors. We've spoke about this for years with the anticipation of 5mm products. It took a little longer than we expected for 5mm to arrive, but 5mm drives do not use standard SATA power and data connectors.
Seagate's 600 and 600 Pro SSD's have an anti-intrusion system. If you ever get your SSD open to this point, you will NOT get it back together and still look the same way. The cover plate, seen here on the right bends easily and locks into place. Seagate warned us not to expect to get a drive back together, and they were right. We did manage to put it back together, but it was obvious the drive had been tampered with.
The case acts as a heatsink for the LAMD controller. This image is from the 600 Pro, but both the 600 and 600 Pro have the same extended area that contacts the LAMD controller.
Here we see the PCB. All of the surface mount components are located on this side of the PCB.
Seagate uses the same LAMD LM87800AA controller found on the Corsair Neutron Series SSD's, but Seagate tuned the programming and firmware. To the right we see the dual Micron DRAM buffers for page data.
Toshiba's new Type C 19nm Toggle flash holds the data. There are eight chips total.
The other side is void of components.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Seagate 600 SSD 240GB]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Your Photos Are Never Going to Be the Same
- PlayStation VR has 'overwhelming' conversion rate, says Sony
- Capcom says fans should 'stay tuned' for news on Resident Evil 7
- iPhone 6S chipgate: TSMC's CPU has better battery and core performance
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- REALLY NEED Help Intel Management Engine
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent