Installation and Finished Product
Since the back plate and threaded screws are all one piece now, all you have to do is slide it into the holes in the motherboard, just being mindful of the screw positioning of the socket retention mechanism.
From there you drop on the black plastic spacers, set the top metal brackets on it with the curves going out, and then you have to use the nuts to secure all of this hardware so we can put the cooler in place.
With the NH-U14S now on the motherboard, and you do need to remove the fans to mount the cooler, but once back on the fins, this cooler is pretty small in what room it takes up considering the reality of the dimensions listed.
Even if taller RAM sticks block some of the fan, there is plenty of fan to go around. You can see as it is centered on the fins, there is plenty of fan above and below to help cool not only the fins, but will add some cooling to the rear of the motherboard, where the CPU phases reside.
Without an LGA2011 board it is just a guess that the NH-U14S will allow for taller memory to sit in the innermost slots. With the four DIMM slots on this board, the NH-U14S definitely blocked half of the closest slot, and is why the stick isn't in that slot - it was too angled to safely clip in.
Now that we have both the motherboard and the NH-U14S mounted inside of the test chassis, it is time to do many rounds of IBT with various mounts, and both in single fan and dual fan configurations.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017