Looking at the top of the stack of fins, you will see the Noctua name and logo with six pipe ends on either side of it to hopefully make things really efficient with heat dissipation. You can also notice the wide V created in the middle to allow the fan some room to build up speed before entering the fins.
From this angle you can see that the center of the cooler is mainly flat as it works its way outward. Once between the second the third set of pipes, the fins are irregularly shaped to rough up the air flow in this area to improve the transfer of heat.
At the other end of the cooler you have this two piece base assembly. This design makes it so the hardware to mount the cooler comes attached to the top section, and under it the six pipes are soldered to it and the lower section of the copper base. Once assembled, the pipes and base are nickel plated prior to having the fins pressed on them.
Laying the cooler over to get a look at where the fins are pressed on, you can see some concessions had to be made. There are holes in the lower fins for the inner most pipes to get through, as well as being cut short, so the outer pipes can make it smoothly to the outer edge of this design.
Under the base plate, there is solder holding these six pipes into place. Rather than filling the entire gap with solder, as the pipes bend and begin their trip away from the base, they do come away from the base, but the heat is already transferred to them long before they exit the base.
Since the base is milled and left machined with no extra polishing involved, you are left with fine grooves, but also a very flat and level surface to mate up to the CPU when it gets installed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- iOS 9 now has Tweetbot 4 support on iPad and iPhone
- Helpful Chrome extension lets you play GIFs in Google Search
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog