Noctua NH-U14S CPU Cooler
Fresh out of the box and now looking at it dead into the fan, you can see that the fins on the NH-U14S are well taken care of by the NF-A15 PWM fan attached to it. It not only goes almost all the way side to side, but you can see it can stand well proud of the cooler, or a bit lower than the cooler if the fan is shifted.
On the side you can tell that the fins are deeper from left to right than on the previous cooler. On the 12S, the fan clip holding the fan in place was in the center, and here you can see it is offset a few millimeters to left of center. This is due to the sixth heat pipe that has been added in this design.
From the back of the cooler there isn't much to see other than to get some idea of the grooves visible that actually are just the deeper spots in the larger curved profile to these fins. You will also see that the bottom six fins have been cut short to allow for the heat pipes to pass easily to the outside of the cooler.
I wanted to angle the cooler this time so you could see the shape of the fins as they wrap around and allow the fan clips to be attached in them. Once past that area, you see the closed off fins that support each other as well as trapping the airflow.
If you have the desire to, you can also add a second fan to the back of the cooler, like I did here. Typically running a setup like this is worth two to three degrees of improvement to the thermal testing, doesn't add much more noise, but does make the cooler much thicker.
When both fans are clipped onto the NH-U14S, what used to be 78mm is now 103mm deep from right to left. While the box claims there is plenty of room, that number is starting to scare me a bit - it seems slightly too big to me.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Intel sub-contractor had friend make hoax bomb call to avoid work
- First 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer hits the web
- BIOSTAR announces DirectX 12 ready GTX 950 for $199
- 'Toddyhancer' graphics mod for Star Wars: Battlefront looks amazing
- Just Cause 3 runs at 900p 30FPS on the Xbox One, so much more on PC
- Send Money Online To Italy Before You Trip To Produce Your Holiday More Relaxing
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- New Build Problem
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- BIOSTAR GEFORCE GAMING GTX 950 ANNOUNCED, STYLISH PERFORMANCE FOR COMPETITIVE GAMING
- SilverStone Raven Series RVX01BR/RVX01BR-W
- Transcend Adds New 64GB microSD Memory Cards to Its Industrial-Grade Wide Temperature Lineup
- COUGAR ANNOUNCES THE LAUNCH OF THE 450 SERIES
- SilverStone Press release PTS01