Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Right at the top of the specifications chart you can tell that the NH-14S uses the same hardware from the NH-U12S cooler since both have now eliminated some older sockets from compatibility. We also see that the NH-U14S is taller at 165mm, wider at 150mm and slightly deeper at 52mm. The NH-U14S is also quite a bit heavier at 935 grams (with the fan on it). The materials chosen to build the tower are copper for the two piece base and the heat pipes, which are then nickel plated, but the fins are left in their natural aluminum state. Along with the cooler, you will also receive an NF-A15 PWM fan, the LNA adapter, NT-H1 TIM, SecuFirm2 hardware, anti-vibration fan pads and a case badge.
I made mention of the NF-A15 PWM fan that comes along with the NH-U14S to provide the air flow through the fin stack. This fan is supported with an SSO bearing and will spin at a maximum speed of 1500 RPM. The airflow has also increase with this to 140.2 m3/h, but static pressure is reduced to 1.51 mmH2O with the NF-A15, compared to the NF-F12. These fans are also rated to have a lifespan of 150,000 hours, 6250 days or roughly seventeen years. That in mind, there is no surprise to the fact that these coolers come with a six year warranty. If you wish to use the LNA adapter, this same fan will be limited to 1300 RPM, while pushing 0.89 mmH2O of pressure, and cuts flow down to 115 m3/h.
Just like what was the situation with the smaller of the two NH-U series coolers, the NH-U14S is not currently on the shelves as I type this. Noctua also released the pricing information for this cooler with the press release of these coolers, and for now the MSRP was set at $74.90 in this side of the pond. So, I was right, the price was going to increase, but when comparing apples to apples, the NH-U14S is only $10 more than the previously reviewed NH-U12S. Just on paper his is a really good deal if you had interest in the smaller version anyways.
I just hope we can get better results along with the price increase so that we can justify not only the cost, but the slightly larger size and potential intrusion on the rest of the components in your system build.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- Nintendo Switch has no Virtual Console games at launch
- Apple new headquarters is ready for April's opening
- Qualcomm announces Snapdragon 835 VR dev kit program
- Qualcomm and Leap Motion: use real life hands in VR
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording