Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Today we're looking at two of the three Neutron drives offered by Corsair. The company also has a 64GB model in the base Neutron, a capacity size not offered in the flagship Neutron GTX. Here we see spec sheet for the two Neutron products we're testing today. The 128GB is on the left and the 256GB on the right.
Let's roll through the 128GB model first. The 128GB capacity size reads sequential data at 540MB/s and writes sequential data at 211MB/s. We didn't test the original Neutron 120GB drive so this is our first look at the 128GB class product. 4K random write I/OPS comes in at 51K I/OPS, Corsair doesn't list read I/OPS, but Newegg lists 51K I/OPS.
The 256GB class Neutron will be the main focus of today's article, but we're rolling the 128GB performance numbers in as well. We reviewed the 240GB model with IMFT less than a year ago. The specs have changed and for the better with this capacity size.
Starting with the big change, sequential write performance is now at 450MB/s, up from 370MB/s on the 240GB original drive. This falls in line with the write performance increase we observed on the SK Hynix branded, SandForce controlled product we tested several months ago. Hynix flash, we don't see it often, but so far the results have been positive.
In the time between our purchase and writing this article, the Neutron prices have increased at Newegg. We paid right around $170 for the Neutron 256GB and the price was $199 at the time of writing. Newegg does have Neutron 240GB drives in stock at $169 and I'd suspect the new model price was increased to clear out the older 240GB drives.
The Neutron 128GB is also at Newegg for $119 at the time of writing. This is only five dollars less than the Neutron GTX 120GB. We'll put these two drives head to head soon in the new Neutron GTX 120GB, 240GB and 480GB article.
Corsair ships Neutron with a desktop adapter bracket, screws and a paper manual. Neutron is the only mainstream SSD in a two tier system that ships with a five year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Corsair Neutron SSDs]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy requires 23GB HDD on PS4
- 'Blade Runner' primed for a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray release
- NVIDIA GFE members receive LawBreakers closed beta codes
- The new iMac Pro might feature server-grade co-processor
- AMD includes 'Gaming Mode' on Radeon Vega Frontier cards
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller