Temperatures, Cooling, Noise
The system is fully loaded using Furmark and Prime 95, similar to our laptop testing. The sound recordings are made in front of the machine, about 6 inches from the center of the tower. Temperatures are reported as recorded by CoreTemp and Furmark.
The iBUYPOWER Revolt does an excellent job of keeping the i7-3770K CPU cool. As you can see in the chart above, it does the best job out of any of the systems we have tested, though the Chimera did have an overclock running on the CPU. 61 degrees Celsius provides plenty of room for future overclocking.
On the GPU side of things, the GTX 670 was the hottest running GPU that we have tested, and I do blame the small case for that. It reached a maximum temperature of 86 degrees Celsius, still within GPU temperature limits.
There is one massive downside to the iBUYPOWER Revolt, and that's the noise output. Under full load, the Revolt output a sound level of 56 decibels. Unfortunately for users, even at idle, the Revolt tends to be a bit on the loud side. And it's not just air "whooshing"; there is also a distinctive whine to it that I found quite annoying.
Power consumption is measured while the system is loaded for the temperature test and while sitting idle at the desktop. Measurement is taken at the wall, so it includes everything running in the system, not including the monitor.
At idle, the machine draws 65 watts. This means it's about the same as leaving one incandescent light bulbs running. During a full load, system energy draw spikes to 319 watts.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Android co-founder teases his upcoming smartphone
- Elon Musk teases Model Y for 'S3XY' lineup
- Samsung confirms that the Note7 isn't quite dead yet
- Apple iPhone 6s was the best-selling smartphone of 2016
- Rogue One looks great, even in a fan-made VHS commercial
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse