The biggest feature that is worth mentioning on the Galaxy Note II is the S Pen stylus support. When the S Pen is removed from the Galaxy Note II, you're greeted with a message telling you that your 'S Pen has been detached' and it will provide you with a list of things you can do.
As you can see from the above shots, there is a bunch of things you can do. There's options for a Note, Idea note, Meeting note, Magazine, Diary, Recipe and many more. If using a stylus on your smartphone is something you might do, then the Note II is for you.
The S Pen options are quite vast, where you have the option of changing the dominant hand in case you're left handed. You can set a pen attach/detach sound, have the Note II automatically open up the Popup Note when the pen is attached, disable the pen detection when the pen is attached that can help with the battery life, and have a sound alert and pop-up when you walk with the device without attaching the pen - a great feature, in case you lose the S Pen.
Samsung will notify you by alert if you walk away from your S Pen - this little option, shows how much Samsung are thinking of you, the consumer.
To the left of the screen on the Note II is a multi-tasking window. Tap and drag it out and you'll be greeted with your most recently opened applications.
This is a nice way of doing your multi-tasking, but I found the button on the left annoying when reading text.
Samsung provide a bunch of power saving options, where you can limit the maximum performance of the CPU, use low power levels for the screen, change the background color to save power, and finally, disabling haptic feedback can save battery life.
There's some Motion support built-in to the Note II, which is disabled by default, but when enabled gives you some very nice features to play with.
The phone portion of the phone - that's what we're here for, isn't it - is great. The buttons are absolutely huge thanks to the 5.5-inch screen, making this a great option for those with poor eyesight, or older consumers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Display and Speaker Quality]
- Page 4 [Features]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Russian hackers have scraped over $790 million in three years
- Online store, Yatango, closes shop and leaves buyers hanging
- Carbon lattice material now set for use in high-end microphones
- Aussie telecom Optus offers free Xbox One with Microsoft Lumia order
- Australia implementing digital drivers licences before 2019
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis