Display and Speaker Quality
The 5.5-inch display on the Note II is large, but not too large that it ever feels too big to be a smartphone. This probably comes from using the Note previously, and owning multiple 4-inch (or thereabouts) smartphones. If you're coming from an iPhone (not the iPhone 5), moving from 3.5 inches to 5.5 inches is going to feel like you're holding a tablet in your hands.
While the display is big, that never automatically equals high-end or quality. Sure, 5.5 inches is great, but the 1280x720 resolution really brings it down. This comes into play when trying to multi-task with multiple windows on the Note II.
The 1080p display on the Xperia Z from Sony looked much sharper, so I suggest before you think about buying a Note II, see one in person. If I had to give the display a separate score, it would receive a 7/10 at best.
The external speaker on the Note II is great, something I expected from the not so average sized phone. I used the Note II to watch some videos, and play some music, both of which were great experiences on bigger than life smartphone.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Display and Speaker Quality]
- Page 4 [Features]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- China is the first to have an autonomous police robot, with a taser
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- VR could be awesome as a mainstream device, but it might be held back
- Oculus Rift to be sold in-store at Best Buy starting May 7
- Battlefield devs rip on new Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched