Display and Speaker Quality
The 5.5-inch display on the Note II is large, but not too large that it ever feels too big to be a smartphone. This probably comes from using the Note previously, and owning multiple 4-inch (or thereabouts) smartphones. If you're coming from an iPhone (not the iPhone 5), moving from 3.5 inches to 5.5 inches is going to feel like you're holding a tablet in your hands.
While the display is big, that never automatically equals high-end or quality. Sure, 5.5 inches is great, but the 1280x720 resolution really brings it down. This comes into play when trying to multi-task with multiple windows on the Note II.
The 1080p display on the Xperia Z from Sony looked much sharper, so I suggest before you think about buying a Note II, see one in person. If I had to give the display a separate score, it would receive a 7/10 at best.
The external speaker on the Note II is great, something I expected from the not so average sized phone. I used the Note II to watch some videos, and play some music, both of which were great experiences on bigger than life smartphone.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Display and Speaker Quality]
- Page 4 [Features]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EA's Origin client is getting a new look, currently in beta
- Unlock new career paths with an in-demand tech certification
- Nintendo successfully patents external console upgrade box
- Nintendo NX might support Pokemon Go and other mobile games
- Xbox One S requires day one updates to play 4K video
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio