Display and Speaker Quality
The 5.5-inch display on the Note II is large, but not too large that it ever feels too big to be a smartphone. This probably comes from using the Note previously, and owning multiple 4-inch (or thereabouts) smartphones. If you're coming from an iPhone (not the iPhone 5), moving from 3.5 inches to 5.5 inches is going to feel like you're holding a tablet in your hands.
While the display is big, that never automatically equals high-end or quality. Sure, 5.5 inches is great, but the 1280x720 resolution really brings it down. This comes into play when trying to multi-task with multiple windows on the Note II.
The 1080p display on the Xperia Z from Sony looked much sharper, so I suggest before you think about buying a Note II, see one in person. If I had to give the display a separate score, it would receive a 7/10 at best.
The external speaker on the Note II is great, something I expected from the not so average sized phone. I used the Note II to watch some videos, and play some music, both of which were great experiences on bigger than life smartphone.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Display and Speaker Quality]
- Page 4 [Features]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 won't be Project Scorpio launch game after all
- Tekken 7 release date will be announced next week
- NZXT shows off new Puck cable management system
- Switch's add-on box to use the cloud to boost GPU power?
- GabeN admits Steam support needs more work
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup