NAS products are equal parts hardware performance and software features. One compliments the other in a balanced product. You need more hardware performance to run more software features at the same time.
Just because a NAS has the ability to run SQL doesn't mean the hardware will let you run SQL at a high rate of speed while a user downloads Bit Torrent, watches YouTube and decompress an NZB file.
The trend over the last few years has been to load NAS products, even higher end enterprise units, with a massive list of consumer features. Infortrend went the other way and doesn't include Bit Torrent, NZB, media player and other consumer-focused functions.
Instead of consumer features, we get a long list of true enterprise features like a ZFS file system, data dedupe, data compression, corrupt data self-healing, snapshot, pool mirror and remote replication. None of these CPU intensive features will slow due to a rogue administrator downloading Dora via the NAS to take home to the kids.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Packaging]
- Page 5 [Infortrend EonNAS Pro 510]
- Page 6 [Configuration Menus]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 1 HDD / JBOD]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 5]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 6]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer keeps improving
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017