NAS products are equal parts hardware performance and software features. One compliments the other in a balanced product. You need more hardware performance to run more software features at the same time.
Just because a NAS has the ability to run SQL doesn't mean the hardware will let you run SQL at a high rate of speed while a user downloads Bit Torrent, watches YouTube and decompress an NZB file.
The trend over the last few years has been to load NAS products, even higher end enterprise units, with a massive list of consumer features. Infortrend went the other way and doesn't include Bit Torrent, NZB, media player and other consumer-focused functions.
Instead of consumer features, we get a long list of true enterprise features like a ZFS file system, data dedupe, data compression, corrupt data self-healing, snapshot, pool mirror and remote replication. None of these CPU intensive features will slow due to a rogue administrator downloading Dora via the NAS to take home to the kids.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Packaging]
- Page 5 [Infortrend EonNAS Pro 510]
- Page 6 [Configuration Menus]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 1 HDD / JBOD]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 5]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 6]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Rocket League gets a new map and a DLC car
- Battlefield 1 dev said shovel digging might come back
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset