Hardware Specifications and Pricing
Modern NAS servers have moved beyond data storage through a wire network. In order to get the most out of a NAS you need to look at the extra I/O hardware and the mountain of potential software features.
The Infortrend EonNAS Pro 510 has an Intel Atom dual-core processor running at 2.13GHz. Feeding the processor is a single 2GB DDR3 DRAM SODIMM. The Intel Atom processor has become the standard for most high quality NAS products priced under $1000. Many of the model's we've tested over the past six months shipped with just 1GB of DDR3 memory, but the EonNAS Pro 510 doubles that from the factory.
This is a five-bay unit, but Infortrend offers the EonNAS Pro x10 Series in two to eight bays with the price scaling as the drive count increases. Dual gigabit Ethernet ports get your data to the network and the EonNAS Pro 510 includes a number of extra connections. Those include two USB 3.0 ports, five USB 2.0 ports and a single eSATA connection.
Infortrend's documentation and spec sheet shows support for JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 10, RAID 5 and RAID 6. We never managed to find RAID 10, even with just four drives installed in the NAS, the setting never appeared in the options list. Most administrators will run this unit in RAID 5 or RAID 6 for data redundancy, but we wanted to point out the RAID 10 issue since Infortrend's website specifically states it's an included feature.
Given the extensive background and enterprise nature (more on this on the next page), you may think the EonNAS 510 Pro is a bank breaker. After reviewing Google shopping, we found that not to be the base. Provantage currently lists the Infortrend EonNAS 510 at $667.44 at the time of writing, more than $200 less than the QNAP TS-569 Pro, another 5-bay SMB NAS with the same Intel Atom 2.13GHz processor, but only 1GB of DRAM.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Packaging]
- Page 5 [Infortrend EonNAS Pro 510]
- Page 6 [Configuration Menus]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 1 HDD / JBOD]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 5]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 6]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Allison Road abandons Kickstarter, as it has found itself a publisher
- Check out this awesome 'Back to the Future' vinyl box set
- Ronda Rousey's 'Road House' remake finds its director
- Square Enix could crowdfund the localization of its Japanese games
- DICE adds three new modes, $50 season pass to Star Wars Battlefront
- Open Hour Gecko TV Box Review
- z87 killer no display after new installation ((URGENT))
- Z170 Raid Setup Post Win7x64 Install to M.2
- airflow questions for lian li pco-6 case
- eee 1000H BIOS stuck + BIOS flash problems
- Kingston Announces the HyperX Cloud Mav Edition Headset
- Super Talent Releases New 128GB USB 2.0 Pico C Drives
- EK Releases Full-coverage Water Block for Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD
- ASUSTOR Launches 31 Series, Economical and Powerful 4K Multimedia NAS
- GELID Announces the GC-Pro Thermal Compound