At the time of writing we weren't ready to unleash our three newest benchmarks coming to TweakTown NAS reviews. Database SQL with built-in NAS SQL services, Windows 2012 iSCSI SQL and Boot Storm will appear in the NAS dedupe article, which is coming soon. We wanted to include a section on the EonNAS Pro 510 deduplication feature in this article and then realized after the fourth page that the article was quickly turning into a data dedupe article, and not a review of the EonNAS Pro 510. NAS products ship with a very wide range of features. Oddly enough, Infortrend doesn't include the typical consumer services we find in units from the other big names in the affordable NAS market, but the enterprise features make the new EonNAS Pro models just as diverse in features. Data dedupe in an incredibly powerful addition to this market, as you'll see soon.
In our single user tests with Intel's NASPT benchmark software, the EonNAS Pro 510 was down on performance in the JBOD and RAID 0 tests. RAID 5 and RAID 6 even the performance a little more in the Content Creation and Office Productivity tests. The single user performance is good, but not great. The NAS is tuned for enhanced performance with smaller file sizes, like what's used in your office.
In our multi-client test, the EonNAS Pro 510 outperformed the QNAP TS-669L, a 6-bay NAS with the same processor, in both throughput and latency. That said, the QNAP TS-669L isn't bad and the Infortrend EonNAS Pro 510 isn't exceptional either. Both products are outperformed by the ASUSTOR AS-604T. The Infortrend caught up to the AS-604T at 80 clients, but it goes to show that Infortrend could and should work on performance a bit more. The upgradable firmware makes this possible once Infortrend has new firmware ready.
Home users should pass over the EonNAS Pro 510, but that statement will go over fine with Infortrend. This is a business NAS with a lot of true enterprise features. The feature set is a step above what we've found on many other products in this price category, even products costing three times more. You'll see soon the power of data dedupe with both HDDs and SSDs - it's an excellent feature for businesses and with SSDs, the NAS performs much better in the boot storm and database tests.
For business users the Infortrend EonNAS Pro 510 delivers features galore and gives administrators easy configuration options without consumer feature distractions.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Packaging]
- Page 5 [Infortrend EonNAS Pro 510]
- Page 6 [Configuration Menus]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 1 HDD / JBOD]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 5]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 6]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines