Inside the ARC Midi R2
With the doors off the chassis, you can see how things are shipped on the inside. The wiring is all tied up, the main wiring from the front I/O as well as the fans wiring is bundled and kept from flopping about in transit. As for the hardware, that can be found in the middle drive bay of the lower HDD rack.
In the front, up at the top of the chassis, you have a pair of 5.25" bays that require screws to mount the devices without the help of tool-free clips. Also the wiring from the front of the chassis is up and out of the way as not to block off the top bay.
Two racks, one with five drive trays in it, and another with three, are where you can install either a 3.5" or a 2.5" drive on each tray. This entire stack can be rotated 90 degrees, or the top half can be removed with just pulling the thumbscrews and sliding it out. To remove the bottom three, you need to pull screws from under the chassis.
For my build, I will need to remove the bays completely. You can now see the 140 mm fan that is installed in the front of the chassis, but I will be moving it to the top of the chassis, because it is in my way here.
The top of the chassis can house either a dual 120mm radiator or a 140mm version, and it can be a thicker radiator as well. There is also additional room at the front for a fan, but you can see it is shifted, so triple radiators are out unless you do some modding to the case.
A few things to notice about the motherboard tray are the printed lettering for the various motherboard types, all of the possibilities for the wire management, the large hole for accessing the cooler back plate, but I want you to notice the room at the top. This is to allow room for thick radiators and fans to fit without issue.
The floor of the chassis has four raised spots in the steel with rubber pads on them to support the PSU and isolate it like the gasket at the back does. In front of the PSU you can drop in another 120mm or 140mm fan if you wish.
Hanging in the back is the third of the 140mm fans in the ARC Midi R2. The black and white theme is continued even here with the fan and the 7+1 slot covers that are held in with thumbscrews.
Behind the motherboard tray you will see that Fractal Design has done some simple wire management to build off of, and you will find up to 30mm of space for all of your wiring needs. There is plenty of room and places to give you a very clean finished looking product.
All of the wiring is sleeved black to help it blend into the chassis, and it contains quite a few connections. There are three male fan connections and a 4-pin Molex connection for the fan controller, native USB 3.0 with a USB 2.0 tail on it, HD and AC'97 audio plugs, and the lighting and switch connections.
I also wanted to show that the front mesh is removable. With press in clips at the top, the panel will pop out and lift up to allow you to clean it easily.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- How Fallout 4's perk system might work
- The fully-optioned Tesla Model X electric SUV costs a huge $143,750
- Toshiba announces 12.5' Satellite Radius 12 2-in-1 convertible laptop
- Halo 5 opening cinematic teases a bunch of stuff you can't do in-game
- The new Nexus 5 will feature 1080p display, 6-core CPU and USB Type-C
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- Im happy I now signed up
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015