Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test
The Intel NAS Performance Tool (NASPT) is an excellent way to determine NAS performance in a single user environment. Any review that only uses NASPT assumes that only a single computer will access the target NAS at one time. We took issue with this method of testing and spent over a year designing, building, programming and finally validating the TweakTown Multi-Client Test.
The test uses Microsoft Office data recorded to traces and played back to the NAS from up to 120 client Windows 7 installations. We record total throughput and average response time per client.
Over time we'll populate the two multi-client charts with several NAS products from a span of categories ranging from a dual Xeon server with 2x 10GbE to a 2-bay NAS and then let the NAS being tested fall into its performance category.
The Asustor AS-604T delivers peak throughput at 24 office environment clients and delivers 563.5 Mbits of read / write performance. The AS-604T actually performs better than the QNAP TS-669L, a six-bay NAS.
The Asustor AS-604T also delivers better latency than the larger QNAP system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XIV free trial now has unlimited time
- SpaceX to launch first-ever used rocket to space
- Gamestop: we'll be chasing Switch supply this whole year
- Samsung store catches fire ahead of the Galaxy S8 launch
- Nintendo Switch cartridge advantage killed by Lego game
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design