Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test
The Intel NAS Performance Tool (NASPT) is an excellent way to determine NAS performance in a single user environment. Any review that only uses NASPT assumes that only a single computer will access the target NAS at one time. We took issue with this method of testing and spent over a year designing, building, programming and finally validating the TweakTown Multi-Client Test.
The test uses Microsoft Office data recorded to traces and played back to the NAS from up to 120 client Windows 7 installations. We record total throughput and average response time per client.
Over time we'll populate the two multi-client charts with several NAS products from a span of categories ranging from a dual Xeon server with 2x 10GbE to a 2-bay NAS and then let the NAS being tested fall into its performance category.
The Asustor AS-604T delivers peak throughput at 24 office environment clients and delivers 563.5 Mbits of read / write performance. The AS-604T actually performs better than the QNAP TS-669L, a six-bay NAS.
The Asustor AS-604T also delivers better latency than the larger QNAP system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft loves PC gaming, no HDR support in Halo Wars 2
- Pentium G4560 costs $64, fights Core i5-2500K at $270
- Modified Tesla Model S goes from 0-100 in 2.1 seconds
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- Pokemon GO generated an insane $950 million in 2016
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99