Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test
The Intel NAS Performance Tool (NASPT) is an excellent way to determine NAS performance in a single user environment. Any review that only uses NASPT assumes that only a single computer will access the target NAS at one time. We took issue with this method of testing and spent over a year designing, building, programming and finally validating the TweakTown Multi-Client Test.
The test uses Microsoft Office data recorded to traces and played back to the NAS from up to 120 client Windows 7 installations. We record total throughput and average response time per client.
Over time we'll populate the two multi-client charts with several NAS products from a span of categories ranging from a dual Xeon server with 2x 10GbE to a 2-bay NAS and then let the NAS being tested fall into its performance category.
The Asustor AS-604T delivers peak throughput at 24 office environment clients and delivers 563.5 Mbits of read / write performance. The AS-604T actually performs better than the QNAP TS-669L, a six-bay NAS.
The Asustor AS-604T also delivers better latency than the larger QNAP system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega could be priced at up to $850
- Ryzen ThreadRipper delidded: half its CPU dies disabled
- EA made more on live services than games in Q1'17
- Xiaomi Mi 6 special edition available in only 100 units
- Samsung to launch Note8 Emperor Edition with 8GB/256GB?
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers