Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test
The Intel NAS Performance Tool (NASPT) is an excellent way to determine NAS performance in a single user environment. Any review that only uses NASPT assumes that only a single computer will access the target NAS at one time. We took issue with this method of testing and spent over a year designing, building, programming and finally validating the TweakTown Multi-Client Test.
The test uses Microsoft Office data recorded to traces and played back to the NAS from up to 120 client Windows 7 installations. We record total throughput and average response time per client.
Over time we'll populate the two multi-client charts with several NAS products from a span of categories ranging from a dual Xeon server with 2x 10GbE to a 2-bay NAS and then let the NAS being tested fall into its performance category.
The Asustor AS-604T delivers peak throughput at 24 office environment clients and delivers 563.5 Mbits of read / write performance. The AS-604T actually performs better than the QNAP TS-669L, a six-bay NAS.
The Asustor AS-604T also delivers better latency than the larger QNAP system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spectacles are finally available for online purchase
- Moto G5 and G5 Plus specs leak ahead of the launch
- HTC's new One X10 teased, a new budget 5.5-inch phone
- Nintendo Switch may use 4GB LPDDR4 1600MHz RAM
- 'Never Go Back' with our 'Jack Reacher' Blu-ray giveaway
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league