Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable Cool CPU Cooler
From the front of the NiC C5, most noticeable is the bright red fan in the center of this tower. The black and red is a nice color setup that will match most motherboard offerings, and I like the chunky design of the shroud to give this cooler some aesthetic charm over a basic tower cooler.
The side view shows that the shrouds wrap around and block off the front section and the back section of the cooler to help direct airflow. In the middle, where the aluminum is bent to support the fins, there is a small area where air can escape, but this is mostly a closed design.
Looking at the back of the cooler, you see it is exactly as the front of the cooler looked, just this time the fan is exhausting from the cooler rather than blowing in to it.
I took this shot on a slight angle so you could see how the pair of clips for the shrouds locks over the edges of the cooler, and is also a reason the middle of the sides was left open on the cooler body.
The top of the cooler has both halves of the shroud meeting in the middle, and it lines up well. There are cut outs to allow a look at the heat pipes protruding from the top of the fins, and two gold plates with the NiC C5 naming to look at as well.
Lifting the clips on the side of the cooler allows both shrouds to simply pull off the cooler body. Something to keep in mind is that the fans wiring is tied together so don't go too far with one fan without addressing the other as well.
To hold the fans into the shroud, there is a pressure tab in each corner. These don't actually "clip" the fan in place, but rather just "hold" the fans in. This allows for them to be easily removed without needing to pull the shroud for mounting, cleaning, or just replacing the fans if you wish to.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Halo 5 has gone gold, campaign clocks in at between 8-12 hours
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent