Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The NiC C5 we are looking at today is fully compatible with all the latest socket motherboards, going back to include LGA775 and AM2 sockets. The cooler body is comprised of 52 aluminum fins that have five 6mm diameter copper pipes running up through them. These pipes emanate from the base as they are soldered into a two piece copper base, and once assembled, the base and heat pipes are then nickel plated. As for the size of this cooler, since clearance is of utmost importance, the heatsink is 160mm tall, 140mm from side to side, and roughly 92mm from fan edge to fan edge. Once the cooler body is assembled, the cooler then receives a pair of black shrouds that will hold a pair of 120mm fans, one on either side.
The fans that come shipped in the box with the NiC C5 are a pair of 120mm TT-1225 fans. These are some serious fans, too. Of course they are 120mm square and are 25mm thick, but these aren't PWM vans, they have a VR control knob to adjust fan speeds between 1000 and 2000 RPM. At their maximum speed, these fans can deliver 99.1 CFM and 2.99mmH2O of static pressure. The combination of these fans, the shrouds, and the cooler body delivers a TDP for the NiC C5 of 230W and weighs in at 811 grams.
On top of all of the features incorporated into this design that you are about to look at, there is one other fact that is going to make you think long and hard about buying this cooler, and that is the price. I was one of the first to receive the NiC C5 for testing, and as such I am not seeing them listed in any of the usual spots right now. Getting back to the important bit, when these do hit the shelves, the MSRP has been set at $54.99.
At this point it is great to see a cooler intended for overclockers that isn't in the $80 range, but once you see just how well the NiC C5 does against the competition, you will be very hard pressed to pass this cooler design by as you look for the perfect solution for your needs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Just Cause 3's map is huge, covering 400 square miles
- Cards Against Humanity sold nothing over Black Friday, still made $54k
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis