Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The NiC C5 we are looking at today is fully compatible with all the latest socket motherboards, going back to include LGA775 and AM2 sockets. The cooler body is comprised of 52 aluminum fins that have five 6mm diameter copper pipes running up through them. These pipes emanate from the base as they are soldered into a two piece copper base, and once assembled, the base and heat pipes are then nickel plated. As for the size of this cooler, since clearance is of utmost importance, the heatsink is 160mm tall, 140mm from side to side, and roughly 92mm from fan edge to fan edge. Once the cooler body is assembled, the cooler then receives a pair of black shrouds that will hold a pair of 120mm fans, one on either side.
The fans that come shipped in the box with the NiC C5 are a pair of 120mm TT-1225 fans. These are some serious fans, too. Of course they are 120mm square and are 25mm thick, but these aren't PWM vans, they have a VR control knob to adjust fan speeds between 1000 and 2000 RPM. At their maximum speed, these fans can deliver 99.1 CFM and 2.99mmH2O of static pressure. The combination of these fans, the shrouds, and the cooler body delivers a TDP for the NiC C5 of 230W and weighs in at 811 grams.
On top of all of the features incorporated into this design that you are about to look at, there is one other fact that is going to make you think long and hard about buying this cooler, and that is the price. I was one of the first to receive the NiC C5 for testing, and as such I am not seeing them listed in any of the usual spots right now. Getting back to the important bit, when these do hit the shelves, the MSRP has been set at $54.99.
At this point it is great to see a cooler intended for overclockers that isn't in the $80 range, but once you see just how well the NiC C5 does against the competition, you will be very hard pressed to pass this cooler design by as you look for the perfect solution for your needs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Black Ops 3 mod tools enter open beta
- Elon Musk wants to colonize Mars
- Wasteland 3 announced, features co-op play
- Pay any price for this 12-course Microsoft Office bundle
- Backward compatible games now up on Xbox One store
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now