Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
At $1019.99 the EVGA GTX TITAN 6GB SuperClocked is an extremely expensive video card, but you can't deny the great performance that it offers. We understand that the dual GPU option isn't for everyone, and the upcoming HD 7990 from AMD is something that doesn't really interest everyone. So, the price could be justified.
The GTX TITAN is just all about performance, and performance it offers. The numbers that we're getting out of this single GPU setup is quite amazing. You can see, though, that there's still room to move, as games like Nexuiz struggle after 1680 x 1050 and Sleeping Dogs with AA and AF on is still also an issue, even for such a powerful video card. While people continue to argue that there's nothing out there that can make use of the power of these video cards, we disagree with what they say.
The biggest issue with the model, though, continues to be the availability. Even at this price we continue to hear murmurs that NewEgg get only just a few cards here and there and they are then shipped straight out to people who have the product on back order.
While people say we continue to struggle in the current economy, we can't deny the fact that there's clearly a demand for video cards that top the four figure price range, like all those years ago. From the AMD side of things there's really no competition for this model - the HD 7970 GHz Edition while being a strong and capable card and also a lot cheaper, it just doesn't have this kind of power. You can see at times we're talking about gains on this single GPU card of around 50%.
It's safe to say that this video card isn't going to be for everyone purely because of the price. The fact that we should also see new NVIDIA cards come out in the coming months also means that the card might not be as appealing. With the limited stock, though, and the fact that people want performance now, the GTX TITAN is still the most attractive option for people who have money to spend and want just a really fast single GPU solution. You can see why the model is constantly sold out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice hits the Nintendo 3DS on Sept 27
- Lenovo's new Thinkpad X1 Yoga has a 1440p OLED display
- AMD's next-gen Vega graphics cards launch in early 2017
- AMD now has over 100 FreeSync monitors in its arsenal
- Final Fantasy 15 isn't completely open-world
- Asrock EP2C602-4L/D16 memory question?
- were is the 1394 label
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- Overwatch Eichenwalde Map Preview
- 1833MHz memory in Asus PU551LA
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller