Features and Performance
Firstly, we have the front of the Compro TN50W box, which tells you it is perfect for home monitoring, pet monitoring, elderly care and baby monitoring. It also displays that it is capable of supporting Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n.
On the bottom of the box, we have the System Requirements and Package Contents details.
On the back of the box, we have some more details on just how easy the Compro TN50W is to use with their 1-2-3 Easy Installation.
Taking the TN50W out of the box, we have a Quick Start Guide, a DVD disc, Installation Guide, Power adapter, RJ45 cable, a USB Wi-Fi 802.11n adapter, some mounting plugs and screws and finally, the TN50W itself.
On the left, we have a shot of the front of the TN50W. On the right, we have the rear of the unit. On the rear we have an Ethernet port, the DC5V power port, and a QR code to detect the camera - this is such a great little addition that takes time away from the installation of the TN50W.
You've got some great adjustment on the rear of the TN50W, which is perfect for those hard-to-see places if you've got the camera sitting somewhere high.
Here we have the Wireless N USB Adapter that gets plugged into the TN50W to give it wireless capabilities.
Getting the camera to work is easy, and needs just a few quick steps to have your surveillance up and running.
Once you've got it all plugged in and turned on, you'll need to jump onto the Apple iTunes Store, or the Google Play Store to download the C4Home app.
Once you've done this, you can then run the application and look for your camera. You can tap the QR code icon on the Camera ID section of the app, and then snap a photo of the QR code on the back of the TN50W.
Once you've done this, you'll be greeted with a Wi-Fi configuration screen, where you can select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect the TN50W to.
There's a bunch of settings you can tweak on the TN50W, such as Camera settings, Streaming, Notifications and Sharing. Each of these options have a bunch of tweaks you can apply, which we'll show below.
As you can see, there are a bunch of options you can tweak with. Once we have it all set up how we want, I thought I'd take a few photos to display the quality of the camera itself.
Don't I look great?
The above image shows that the TN50W and its accompanying C4Home app can support more than one camera at once, which is great for surveillance purposes. You could use a few around the house and then remotely view them from anywhere in the world, as long as you have Internet access.
The TN50W from Compro is a great device, and at $119, it is feature-packed at that price.
Considering the ease of use when used with a smartphone, this is the perfect little camera for your house or small office environment.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to get 1TB of lifetime cloud storage for only $39
- NASA finds strong evidence of water plumes on Europa
- Another stupid human crashes Google's self-driving party
- Xbox One S now gets free game of choice from Microsoft
- Apple's total cost to manufacture the iPhone 7 is $225
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now