Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Coming in at $179.99 at the time of writing, the MSI GTX 650 Ti Boost Twin Frozr Gaming video card is one of the more expensive NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti offerings. The quality of the cooler means that the extra price doesn't come as much of a shock to us. One thing about the GTX 650 Ti Boost we've said since the beginning is that it's clearly a model that operates warmer than you'd expect considering where it sits on the market, so it's a good thing MSI attached a solid performing cooler to it.
Looking at the numbers today, you can see that we've got some impressive temperature numbers that look even better when you consider the fact that we're running with more voltage on the core and higher clock speeds in both the core and memory area. The other important piece of information to note is the fact that it isn't running cooler because it's louder than the other options - the noise level numbers are also impressive.
As for the overclocking side of things, that was ahead of the reference card. It doesn't surprise us, though, considering the fact that we're dealing with a retail cooler that performed much stronger than the reference card. We're not shocked by the fact it was able to perform stronger.
The weakest area of the video card is the same area we see most cards fall back in; the bundle. We have seen over the past few years the bundle shrink down, but we must admit the current promotion that AMD is doing bundling BioShock Infinity with the HD 7790 is definitely attractive.
While we've only looked at a couple of GTX 650 Ti Boost retail offerings at the moment, we've got to admit that the MSI GTX 650 Ti 2GB Boost Twin Frozr Gaming is an attractive option. The cooler is clearly the highlight and is what helps it stand out against the other cards we've looked at so far.
If you're after a GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB, this offering from MSI is one that you should be looking at for sure.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni