Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Coming in at $179.99 at the time of writing, the MSI GTX 650 Ti Boost Twin Frozr Gaming video card is one of the more expensive NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti offerings. The quality of the cooler means that the extra price doesn't come as much of a shock to us. One thing about the GTX 650 Ti Boost we've said since the beginning is that it's clearly a model that operates warmer than you'd expect considering where it sits on the market, so it's a good thing MSI attached a solid performing cooler to it.
Looking at the numbers today, you can see that we've got some impressive temperature numbers that look even better when you consider the fact that we're running with more voltage on the core and higher clock speeds in both the core and memory area. The other important piece of information to note is the fact that it isn't running cooler because it's louder than the other options - the noise level numbers are also impressive.
As for the overclocking side of things, that was ahead of the reference card. It doesn't surprise us, though, considering the fact that we're dealing with a retail cooler that performed much stronger than the reference card. We're not shocked by the fact it was able to perform stronger.
The weakest area of the video card is the same area we see most cards fall back in; the bundle. We have seen over the past few years the bundle shrink down, but we must admit the current promotion that AMD is doing bundling BioShock Infinity with the HD 7790 is definitely attractive.
While we've only looked at a couple of GTX 650 Ti Boost retail offerings at the moment, we've got to admit that the MSI GTX 650 Ti 2GB Boost Twin Frozr Gaming is an attractive option. The cooler is clearly the highlight and is what helps it stand out against the other cards we've looked at so far.
If you're after a GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB, this offering from MSI is one that you should be looking at for sure.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- Mulching is every time a good idea of tomato patio water storage ; bu
- as typically
- Bray assumed the lyrics we've been looking to check on ever since Jul
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- Mazda have eschewed amalgam but also cigarette lighter in powertrains
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines