Power Consumption Test
Using our PROVA Power Analyzer WM-01 or "Power Thingy" as it has become quickly known as to our readers, we are now able to find out what kind of power is being used by our test system and the associated graphics cards installed. Keep in mind; it tests the complete system (minus LCD monitor, which is plugged directly into AC wall socket).
There are a few important notes to remember though; while our maximum power is taken in 3DMark06 at the same exact point, we have seen in particular tests the power being drawn as much as 10% more. We test at the exact same stage every time; therefore tests should be very consistent and accurate.
The other thing to remember is that our test system is bare minimum - only a SSD hard drive is used with a single CD ROM and minimal cooling fans.
So while the system might draw 400 watts in our test system, placing it into your own PC with a number of other items, the draw is going to be higher.
Finally we finish our graphs off with the power draw numbers and like our other GTX 650 Ti Boost offerings, they're extremely low - even when overclocked.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- OnePlus clarifies charging cable claims, not blaming suppliers
- Release your frustration with Black Friday, the game!
- Call of Duty rumored to see a third-person Modern Warfare release
- Nokia unveils its new OZO virtual reality camera, priced at $60,000
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY