Accessory Port Layout and Performance
The left side, from back to front, features the Kensington lock, two USB 2.0 ports, a combination headphone/microphone port and SD card reader.
The right side, from back to front, features the power port, the Ethernet port, VGA port, HDMI port and one USB 3.0 port.
The ASUS S500C has average USB 2.0 performance in terms of read speed. It averages out to be roughly even with the other systems and falls somewhere near the middle of the pack.
Again, the ASUS S500C's USB 2.0 write performance is nothing to write home about, either good or bad. It averages out to 23.4MB/s, again in the middle of the pack.
In terms of USB 3.0 read performance, the ASUS S500C is pretty close to the top, though it still has a number of systems ahead of it, though not by much. It manages to eke out an average of 110.8MB/s.
In terms of USB 3.0 write performance, however, the ASUS S500C finishes in second place, 27MB/s slower than the Gigabyte P2542. It averaged 140.9 MB/s in our testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Philadelphia 76ers acquire eSports teams Dignitas, Apex
- Horizon: Zero Dawn's story will be 'hugely enjoyable'
- Microsoft axes original Forza Horizon from store
- Batman VR is finalised but Rocksteady wants to move on
- Pasadena, California to tax streaming services
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now