Temperatures, Cooling and Noise
The ASUS S500C isn't as small as other Ultrabooks, so we should expect cooling to be better than average. It's also aided by the lack of a discrete video card, further making heat less of an issue.
As you can see, on the front of the system, we logged a maximum temperature of 91 degrees Fahrenheit. This high temperature was located directly in the middle of the OKL keys. The palm rests stayed a cool 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
Moving around to the back side, temperatures were even higher. The maximum observed temperature was 110 degrees Fahrenheit. The rest of the system ranged from 73 degrees to 98 degrees Fahrenheit. Temperatures shouldn't prove to be too troublesome for users who like to set their laptops on their lap.
The maximum observed GPU temperature was 105 degrees Celsius, which is the same as the CPU because they are on the same die. The CPU reached a maximum of 105 degrees Celsius, a temperature that is on the extreme high-end of what a CPU should be running at. The processor would be exercising thermal throttling at the observed temperatures.
The ASUS S500C produced a sound level of 43 decibels in our measurement. ASUS seems to have sound under control as they are the quietest systems in our graph. Our measurement is taken in front of the laptop at roughly head level. For comparison, 30dB is a totally quiet night time in the desert, 40dB is whispering and 60dB is a normal conversation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- Ubisoft promises Rainbow Six: Siege will be fixed before it launches
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis