Temperatures, Cooling and Noise
The ASUS S500C isn't as small as other Ultrabooks, so we should expect cooling to be better than average. It's also aided by the lack of a discrete video card, further making heat less of an issue.
As you can see, on the front of the system, we logged a maximum temperature of 91 degrees Fahrenheit. This high temperature was located directly in the middle of the OKL keys. The palm rests stayed a cool 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
Moving around to the back side, temperatures were even higher. The maximum observed temperature was 110 degrees Fahrenheit. The rest of the system ranged from 73 degrees to 98 degrees Fahrenheit. Temperatures shouldn't prove to be too troublesome for users who like to set their laptops on their lap.
The maximum observed GPU temperature was 105 degrees Celsius, which is the same as the CPU because they are on the same die. The CPU reached a maximum of 105 degrees Celsius, a temperature that is on the extreme high-end of what a CPU should be running at. The processor would be exercising thermal throttling at the observed temperatures.
The ASUS S500C produced a sound level of 43 decibels in our measurement. ASUS seems to have sound under control as they are the quietest systems in our graph. Our measurement is taken in front of the laptop at roughly head level. For comparison, 30dB is a totally quiet night time in the desert, 40dB is whispering and 60dB is a normal conversation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA finds 7 Earth-sized planets that could sustain life
- Huawei officially announces Honor V9
- Nintendo unboxes the Nintendo Switch
- NieR: Automata PC release date 'accidentally' revealed
- Nintendo Switch launch game exceeds console's storage
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- E5450 oveclock on EP45-DS3L
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood