Temperatures, Cooling and Noise
The ASUS S500C isn't as small as other Ultrabooks, so we should expect cooling to be better than average. It's also aided by the lack of a discrete video card, further making heat less of an issue.
As you can see, on the front of the system, we logged a maximum temperature of 91 degrees Fahrenheit. This high temperature was located directly in the middle of the OKL keys. The palm rests stayed a cool 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
Moving around to the back side, temperatures were even higher. The maximum observed temperature was 110 degrees Fahrenheit. The rest of the system ranged from 73 degrees to 98 degrees Fahrenheit. Temperatures shouldn't prove to be too troublesome for users who like to set their laptops on their lap.
The maximum observed GPU temperature was 105 degrees Celsius, which is the same as the CPU because they are on the same die. The CPU reached a maximum of 105 degrees Celsius, a temperature that is on the extreme high-end of what a CPU should be running at. The processor would be exercising thermal throttling at the observed temperatures.
The ASUS S500C produced a sound level of 43 decibels in our measurement. ASUS seems to have sound under control as they are the quietest systems in our graph. Our measurement is taken in front of the laptop at roughly head level. For comparison, 30dB is a totally quiet night time in the desert, 40dB is whispering and 60dB is a normal conversation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars: Battlefront beta hits in October, features 20v20 chaos
- Get Ahead of the iOS 9 Curve: Create Your Own iPhone Apps
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- eSports betting startup Unikrn gets backed by Ashton Kutcher
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Im happy I now signed up
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Gigabyte G1 z170 Gaming 7 motherboard.
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20