Something I didn't expect with the Xperia Z was to fall in love with it - upon opening it out of the box, I was in love. It looks gorgeous, performs admirably, and does it all without breaking a sweat. Have Sony gone from underdog to a true competitor? Yes, definitely.
It doesn't have the same plastic feel of the Samsung Galaxy devices, which I've come to dislike over time. Samsung have slowly been sliding in build quality (again, in my opinion) over the years, since the release of the Galaxy S II. The plastic feel of the Galaxy S III, Note II and more is getting a bit too much.
Sony have come out with a great device in the Xperia Z, something that is definitely worthy of your money. I would find it hard to believe that anyone could buy the Xperia Z and be disappointed in it, but I think Sony have a little while yet before they have the name that Samsung have in the competitive smart device market.
If they were to sell the Xperia Z for $399 outright and unlocked, and push it heavily in terms of marketing, it could soar. The problem is, Samsung have already got their foot firmly placed into the market, and whoever doesn't buy an iPhone, buys a Galaxy device.
Sony need to change this, and while the Xperia Z is worthy of this, they don't have the same power in the market that Samsung do.
Long story short, should you buy the Xperia Z? Yes, definitely. It's a great phone, and while it's more expensive than the Nexus 4, the Xperia Z has the Full HD display and being waterproof definitely isn't a bad thing. Besides the issues we experienced with viewing angles, there's not much bad to report.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Display and Speaker Quality]
- Page 4 [Features]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- re image
- Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse Review
- RAM Speed in H61 boards.
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines