Between our last smart device review and now, we've had Futuremark release 3DMark for Android and Rightware also with Basemark X. First up, we'll dive into some Basemark X results.
As you can see, the Xperia Z kicks some serious ass - where it only loses out to the iPhone 5 and Nexus 4 in the 1080p results. It beats the iPhone 5 at 720p and equals the Nexus 4 in the same resolution test.
3DMark for Android results are a little more interesting, where the Nexus 4 beats it in both presets - Ice Storm and Ice Storm Extreme. The Xperia Z scores 9063 points in the usual Ice Storm preset, and 5960 at Ice Storm Extreme. The Nexus 4 beats the Xperia Z by around 25% in the Ice Storm preset, and a little under 10% in the Ice Storm Extreme preset.
Moving onto GLBenchmark 2.5.1, and the 2.1 Egypt Classic Offscreen running in 1080p.
The Xperia Z equals the Nexus 4 with 78 FPS, and thrashes everything else on our test bed by a large margin.
Next up we have the Fill Rate Offscreen, again at 1080p.
Moving onto the GLBenchmark Fill Rate Offscreen (1080p) benchmark, the Xperia Z is a little over 10% slower than the Nexus 4. Again, it simply thrashes everything else we have tested.
Second to last, we have Quadrant 2.1.1 Pro with the Full Benchmark Total Score.
This is something very surprising, where in Quadrant 2.1.1 Pro's total benchmark score, the Xperia Z simply flies ahead of everything - even the Nexus 4. Pushing 8168 compared to the closest competitor, the N4 with 4702. Nothing else even comes close to the Xperia Z.
And finally, some battery tests using GLBenchmark's built-in battery test, running 2.5 Egypt HD 60fps.
Battery life on the Xperia Z wasn't too bad, but it doesn't set any sort of record. The phone has a slim profile, which means we can't just cram in a huge battery. 2.5 hours under extremely hard benchmarking like GLBenchmark 2.5 Egypt HD 60 FPS is always hard - but it beats the Nexus 4, which only has results of 2.2 hours under this test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Display and Speaker Quality]
- Page 4 [Features]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Be Quiet! launches its Silent Base 600 chassis with insulation
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger than anything' CD Projekt Red has made
- View-Master goes next-gen with a new VR-powered View-Master
- Some iPhone 6S handsets are running so hot they are shutting down
- Roku 4 announced, has 4K support, remote finder and much more
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio