The Build and Finished Product
Since CaseLabs offer the option to do so, I took the motherboard tray, and by removing the outer four screws and replacing them with the longer ones that come with the rubber feet, you can isolate the tray and offer clearance needed to have a tech bench.
At this point, this is it. Now just add in the motherboard, cooler, video card, and maybe a fan and test away with complete access to components.
As for the chassis, I grabbed the thick rubber feet and found they have a washer in them to keep the screw from compacting the foot, or allowing the screws to go in too deep. These do offer secure footing, but will leave black rings on the surface it sits on for a while.
Following the steps in the instructions, I also added a strip of the rubber tape to each side of the power supply support rack.
Since I wanted to go with the reversed internal layout, I thought I would show what I had to go through. You need to swap the I/O and front bezel to the left side, and there were about 30 screws to get the tray and the rear of the chassis apart to allow you to move the tray over.
I added a reservoir for the GPU loop to the top of the chassis, and you can see the radiator peeking over the top. I also added the Flex-Bay to the front to have a place for a pair of 120mm fans.
Moving around to the right this time, since I reversed the layout, you can see the Merlin SM8 takes on a ton of hardware and has plenty of room to get in there elbows deep to fix something or add in more hardware later. It truly is one of the most spacious designs on the market.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [CaseLabs Merlin SM8 Full-Tower Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the Merlin SM8]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- Nintendo Switch has no Virtual Console games at launch
- Apple new headquarters is ready for April's opening
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording