CaseLabs had sent two non-descript plain brown cardboard boxes, and I added the soda can for a bit of perspective to the size of what arrived. The chassis in its basic form is in the lower box, while the hardware and optional accessories are shipped in the smaller box on top.
With nothing to tell others that may have an eye on your porch, I am happy to see that there is a Made in USA sticker applied. While most designs come from one place, it is usually sent to China for manufacturing, with CaseLabs, it is all made in the States.
Inner packaging with the Merlin includes corner blocks of dense foam. The blue foam covers three sides at once on each corner and kept the chassis centered as well as getting it to my door in perfect shape.
It is also wrapped in a very thick plastic lining to keep the powder coated finish in great shape, and to protect the window, the protective paper is left on when it is installed. You have to remove the window to remove the covering.
The smaller box is densely packed with bubble wrap along with the taller top to this chassis, the flex bay radiator adapter, and all of the hardware for the Merlin SM8.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [CaseLabs Merlin SM8 Full-Tower Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the Merlin SM8]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Verizon acquires Vessel, will shut it down on October 31
- Nintendo investors hate new Switch console hybrid
- Nintendo teases Jan 12 event for 'major' Switch details
- Dolby Atmos update coming for Xbox One S
- LinusTechTips makes $3,000 custom watercooled PS4
- Not able to adjust timings!
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software