CaseLabs had sent two non-descript plain brown cardboard boxes, and I added the soda can for a bit of perspective to the size of what arrived. The chassis in its basic form is in the lower box, while the hardware and optional accessories are shipped in the smaller box on top.
With nothing to tell others that may have an eye on your porch, I am happy to see that there is a Made in USA sticker applied. While most designs come from one place, it is usually sent to China for manufacturing, with CaseLabs, it is all made in the States.
Inner packaging with the Merlin includes corner blocks of dense foam. The blue foam covers three sides at once on each corner and kept the chassis centered as well as getting it to my door in perfect shape.
It is also wrapped in a very thick plastic lining to keep the powder coated finish in great shape, and to protect the window, the protective paper is left on when it is installed. You have to remove the window to remove the covering.
The smaller box is densely packed with bubble wrap along with the taller top to this chassis, the flex bay radiator adapter, and all of the hardware for the Merlin SM8.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [CaseLabs Merlin SM8 Full-Tower Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the Merlin SM8]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars: Battlefront beta hits in October, features 20v20 chaos
- Get Ahead of the iOS 9 Curve: Create Your Own iPhone Apps
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- eSports betting startup Unikrn gets backed by Ashton Kutcher
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Gigabyte G1 z170 Gaming 7 motherboard.
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20