Comay Pluto SC3 Specifications
The Comay Pluto SC3 SSD is designed for mainstream use in cloud computing, servers and datacenters. AES-128 bit encryption is standard fare for LSI SandForce SSDs, idle voltage is rated for 1W, and active is specified at 2W, though we did note higher active requirements during our testing.
One of the benefits of ordering SSDs from Comay is the option for extensive customizations to meet the needs of the intended environment. Comay has options for enabling/disabling RAISE and varying levels of overprovisioning. Options that are more expansive include conformal coating, BGA underfill, military secure erase capability and TCG OPAL compliance.
LSI SandForce controllers have numerous built-in optimizations that make them great building blocks for enterprise SSDs. RAISE (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) provides parity data that will allow for the reconstruction of data in the event of lost sectors, pages or even whole blocks.
DuraWrite provides low write amplification, partially due to compression, and efficient garbage collection. Comay SSDs also have write throttling to ensure that the SSD will live to the warranty term of three years, but in typical Comay fashion, users can order their SSDs with this feature disabled.
The Pluto SC3 comes in three capacities of 225GB, 335GB and 450GB. Pricing can fluctuate, but with volume discounts (up to 16% discount with incremental increases of 2% per unit ordered), this SSD currently retails for roughly $1.85 per GB. This places the Pluto SC3 into a tier above that of the value SSDs (typically below $1.50 a GB) and full featured mainstream SSDs.
It is important when viewing the test results that the Pluto SC3 has a lower price structure than our other featured SSDs in this review.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- AMD Ryzen CPUs sold out at select retailers already
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications