Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Coming in at $149.99 the ASUS HD 7790 DirectCU II sits right in the middle of the mid $100 price bracket. With a free copy of the new BioShock Infinite also included in the bundle, the value of this video card really does increase by a decent margin, in my opinion.
This compares to the ASUS version of the GTX 650 TI Boost which comes in at $174.99 and doesn't carry a full version game. We know that at times the GTX 650 Ti Boost is faster, but at times it's also slightly slower, and quite often we see performance that is similar between both models.
I think what really stands out for AMD at the moment is the inclusion of BioShock Infinite. We've always been a little skeptical on the inclusion of games in bundles because most the time they're crap, to be honest. But here we're talking about a game that has a Metacritic rating of 95 with 57 positive critic reviews and zero mixed and negative reviews.
The inclusion of such an attractive game has to come into play here and the $59.99 value of it needs to be taken into consideration as well when looking at the overall $149.99 price tag of the ASUS HD 7790 DirectCU II.
As for the performance of the model itself, it comes in just as expected. Compared to the overclocked Sapphire offering, the overclock brings with it about a 10% increase in performance, under most tests. The performance of the cooler is pretty strong as well with it sitting towards the middle of the pack under both noise and temperature tests.
ASUS has put together a solid HD 7790 with the addition of a black PCB that makes the card look really great. Throw in the copy of BioShock Infinite, with the $149.99 price tag, and you've got yourself a really strong product that hits at an excellent price point, and is well worth your consideration.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Last day for Windows 10 free upgrade is today
- Radeon 16.7.3 drivers improve Rise of the Tomb Raider performance
- Pay what you want for 180+ hours of game dev training
- New Prey game isn't a sequel or a reboot, it's a re-imagining
- PlayStation VR requires almost as much space as HTC Vive
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router Review
- GA-X58A-UD7 Error Code 88 (or 8b something)
- Asus Stix X99
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio