Specifications, Pricing and Availability
The Crucial M500 ships in four capacity sizes. The smaller drives are not as fast as the two larger models, but this is to be expected after testing a handful of 20nm flash SSDs.
All four M500 models have a sequential read speed of 500MB/s. The write speed scales with capacity - 128GB writes at 130MB/s, 240GB writes 250MB/s and the two largest sizes are speced at 400MB/s. IOPS performance scales as well as you can see in the chart above. The 960GB size that we're looking at today tops 80K read and write 4K IOPS.
The M500 comes with a three year warranty, but it has a stipulation. There is a 72TB cap for the warranty. That comes out to 40GB written to the drive everyday for five years so it's not like Crucial is handcuffing you to an unreasonable cap, still we would prefer a solid warranty without a limit.
Crucial isn't the first to limit the amount of data written to the drive for warranty purposes, OCZ did it with Vector and Samsung's new 840 Series has a cap as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Crucial M500 960GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- CON MAN game has arrived on Apple & Android devices
- Ubisoft culls four PC games due to lack of popularity
- Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice hits the Nintendo 3DS on Sept 27
- Lenovo's new Thinkpad X1 Yoga has a 1440p OLED display
- AMD's next-gen Vega graphics cards launch in early 2017
- Asrock EP2C602-4L/D16 memory question?
- were is the 1394 label
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- Overwatch Eichenwalde Map Preview
- 1833MHz memory in Asus PU551LA
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller