Specifications, Pricing and Availability
ADATA released the SX900 in four capacity sizes - 64GB, 128GB, 256GB and 512GB. At this time we can't say how many of the capacity sizes will get the B02/20nm make over, but we know the 128GB model already has it. Our sample shipped from the ADATA warehouse in California so there is no guarantee your drive from an e-tailer will be the new revision.
So, how can you tell if your SX900 has the new low power B02 controller, you ask? The only real way is to open the case and look for yourself because the new drive, and the old drive, look identical. They even share the same model number. As far as ADATA is concerned, it's the same drive, but someone looking to run RAID with an older SX900 and a new SX900 will care because the new third of a quarter size PCB and number of flash chips don't performance the exact same. In the same vein, someone looking for B02 battery life performance, a 20 to 30 minute increase in our Lenovo W530 with a six-cell battery, would like to know what drive he or she are actually using as well.
Looking over the ADATA XPG SX900 spec sheet, we see that ADATA broke the drives performance down by capacity size. This is a big positive after seeing a handful of manufacturers give a blanket set of performance numbers for all the capacity sizes. TRIM support is listed as a feature and for the first time with this model, it's actually true.
Our 128GB SX900 has a claimed sequential read speed of 550MB/s and a sequential write speed of 520MB/s. ADATA lists performance for AS-SSD and calls it Multimedia Data Transfer, but since AS-SSD uses incompressible data, we'd call it incompressible data performance since not all media is compressed to the same levels SandForce's architecture compresses to and not all compressed data is media data.
Newegg currently has the SX900 128GB in stock for $114.99. They also have the other capacity sizes - 64GB ($79.99), 256GB ($199.99) and 512GB ($389.99). All XPG SX900 models have a three year warranty, Acronis True Image HD Data Migration Software (via download), desktop adapter bracket, mounting screws and a paper manual.
ADATA just announced their entire SSD product line would convert over to a 7mm z-height. Our sample shipped in a 9.5mm package so it may take a bit of time for the existing stock to move to the new 7mm package. Yes, yet another potential version of the SX900.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ADATA SX900 128GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Amazon's new Prime Air drones deliver packages in 30 minutes or less
- Star Wars Battlefront weekend PC players doubled by Team Fortress 2
- University of California develops valuable injury training simulation
- VTech hacked and 4.8 million accounts compromised, links to children
- 4K TV show tormenting is now a reality
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis