Specifications, Pricing and Availability
ADATA released the SX900 in four capacity sizes - 64GB, 128GB, 256GB and 512GB. At this time we can't say how many of the capacity sizes will get the B02/20nm make over, but we know the 128GB model already has it. Our sample shipped from the ADATA warehouse in California so there is no guarantee your drive from an e-tailer will be the new revision.
So, how can you tell if your SX900 has the new low power B02 controller, you ask? The only real way is to open the case and look for yourself because the new drive, and the old drive, look identical. They even share the same model number. As far as ADATA is concerned, it's the same drive, but someone looking to run RAID with an older SX900 and a new SX900 will care because the new third of a quarter size PCB and number of flash chips don't performance the exact same. In the same vein, someone looking for B02 battery life performance, a 20 to 30 minute increase in our Lenovo W530 with a six-cell battery, would like to know what drive he or she are actually using as well.
Looking over the ADATA XPG SX900 spec sheet, we see that ADATA broke the drives performance down by capacity size. This is a big positive after seeing a handful of manufacturers give a blanket set of performance numbers for all the capacity sizes. TRIM support is listed as a feature and for the first time with this model, it's actually true.
Our 128GB SX900 has a claimed sequential read speed of 550MB/s and a sequential write speed of 520MB/s. ADATA lists performance for AS-SSD and calls it Multimedia Data Transfer, but since AS-SSD uses incompressible data, we'd call it incompressible data performance since not all media is compressed to the same levels SandForce's architecture compresses to and not all compressed data is media data.
Newegg currently has the SX900 128GB in stock for $114.99. They also have the other capacity sizes - 64GB ($79.99), 256GB ($199.99) and 512GB ($389.99). All XPG SX900 models have a three year warranty, Acronis True Image HD Data Migration Software (via download), desktop adapter bracket, mounting screws and a paper manual.
ADATA just announced their entire SSD product line would convert over to a 7mm z-height. Our sample shipped in a 9.5mm package so it may take a bit of time for the existing stock to move to the new 7mm package. Yes, yet another potential version of the SX900.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ADATA SX900 128GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance