The value end LCD market is becoming bigger and bigger. In the past a cheap 15" LCD was about the same price as a good quality 19" CRT. When it came to the option between a 15" LCD or a 19" CRT, the decision for most people was to go for the larger CRT monitor. In 18 months, LCDs are selling like crazy and now it's not uncommon to see pre-built systems with 15" or 17" LCDs as their prices become competitive to CRT.
BroMagic LCDs are one of the cheapest on the market and the majority of the time the average user would think of the old saying, "You get what you pay for". Fortunately this isn't the case with the BroMagic 17" DVI LCD and we see a quality product come to the market at a cheap price.
As far as paper specifications go, it is very similar to the Hercules ProphetView 920 DVI which we thought was a very high quality monitor. The ProphetView was plagued by a high price but is still the best looking LCD on the market as far as appearances go. BroMagic have a monitor that is aimed for offices but doesn't do too bad a job for the casual gamer at home.
Overall we have a monitor that is probably the cheapest in the market over here in Australia and carries the specs of some of the more expensive, higher end alternatives.
Excellent value for money
Casual gamers could do a lot worse
Very sturdy stand
RCA Ports for sound and video
S Video port
Separate DVI and analogue VGA connectors
Perfect for office due to the price/performance
Can be dark in some places
Didn't come with a DVI-D cable (Next shipment will come with DVI-D cable)
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's Best Value Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 1 [Introduction]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 2 [Specifications]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 3 [Features]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 5 [Features Continued Again and Setup]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 6 [Testing]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- iStorage datAshur Pro 8GB Encrypted Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design