The value end LCD market is becoming bigger and bigger. In the past a cheap 15" LCD was about the same price as a good quality 19" CRT. When it came to the option between a 15" LCD or a 19" CRT, the decision for most people was to go for the larger CRT monitor. In 18 months, LCDs are selling like crazy and now it's not uncommon to see pre-built systems with 15" or 17" LCDs as their prices become competitive to CRT.
BroMagic LCDs are one of the cheapest on the market and the majority of the time the average user would think of the old saying, "You get what you pay for". Fortunately this isn't the case with the BroMagic 17" DVI LCD and we see a quality product come to the market at a cheap price.
As far as paper specifications go, it is very similar to the Hercules ProphetView 920 DVI which we thought was a very high quality monitor. The ProphetView was plagued by a high price but is still the best looking LCD on the market as far as appearances go. BroMagic have a monitor that is aimed for offices but doesn't do too bad a job for the casual gamer at home.
Overall we have a monitor that is probably the cheapest in the market over here in Australia and carries the specs of some of the more expensive, higher end alternatives.
Excellent value for money
Casual gamers could do a lot worse
Very sturdy stand
RCA Ports for sound and video
S Video port
Separate DVI and analogue VGA connectors
Perfect for office due to the price/performance
Can be dark in some places
Didn't come with a DVI-D cable (Next shipment will come with DVI-D cable)
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's Best Value Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 1 [Introduction]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 2 [Specifications]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 3 [Features]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 5 [Features Continued Again and Setup]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 6 [Testing]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Netflix to spend $7 billion on content in 2018
- Intel's next-gen Ice Lake CPUs announced SUPER EARLY
- Destiny 2's new 4K trailer: PC master race goodness
- ADATA unleashes XPG SX9000 NVMe M.2 SSD: 2.8GB/sec reads
- AMD's new driver for Vega, improves mining performance
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- how many pcie slots can i use?
- Bios question on new build
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes