- Normal Computer Use
As far as normal computer use goes with this monitor, it is excellent. When doing a direct comparison with the non-DVI model, you really see how much brighter and vivid the colors are. With the aggressive pricing the BroMagic LCD features, this monitor is perfect for an office situation. Navigating across the desktop is done with great ease and with a maximum resolution of 1280 X 1024 there shouldn't be any problems with desktop space.
When it comes to cheap LCDs, a lot of people don't expect a lot when it comes to gaming. Having the chance to test the DVI model and the non DVI model, it gives you a better view of the benefits DVI offers.
It was time to load up our favorite game, Vietcong. Vietcong is a first person shooter based in the Vietnam War days. First Persons Shooters bring out the worst in monitors, due to the fast paced shooting and dark areas; it really shows the flaws in an LCD quite effectively. Gaming was quite good on the BroMagic LCD, while we did have to adjust the brightness and contrast slightly to get the best out of the monitor it played quite well. There was a slight amount of ghosting but when compared to the non-DVI model, it played overall a lot better.
The BroMagic LCD isn't the Ultimate Gaming LCD monitor, but it's going to be just fine for a lot of people. For someone who works from home and is a casual gamer, it will be just fine, while not breaking the bank.
- Movie Playback
The best way to test how the monitor looks when it comes to movie is by running a movie that is dominated by a lot of darkness and on the other side of the scale you want to run something that has lots of bright colors. For these reasons, most of the time a movie like Toy Story is best, since it is animated, there is no flaws in the picture.
Loading up Finding Nemo (Pixar's latest animated movie) brings the monitor straight to life and we get to see all the vivid colors come to life. When it comes to watching something that gets quite dark, we ran into similar problems we had with the Hercules LCD. Fortunately because the higher contrast ratio, it wasn't as bad and it did play slightly better. The higher contrast ratio does make quite a big difference not only here but also in games.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 1 [Introduction]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 2 [Specifications]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 3 [Features]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 5 [Features Continued Again and Setup]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 6 [Testing]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- See Star Citizen's current biggest flyable ship in 4K
- NVIDIA's new Pascal-based Quadro P6000 rocks 24GB of GDDR5X
- Twitter will livestream free NHL, MLB games
- For just $69, you'll get 1000+ hours of coding instruction
- Gears of War 4 has unlocked frame rate on PC
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio