- Normal Computer Use
As far as normal computer use goes with this monitor, it is excellent. When doing a direct comparison with the non-DVI model, you really see how much brighter and vivid the colors are. With the aggressive pricing the BroMagic LCD features, this monitor is perfect for an office situation. Navigating across the desktop is done with great ease and with a maximum resolution of 1280 X 1024 there shouldn't be any problems with desktop space.
When it comes to cheap LCDs, a lot of people don't expect a lot when it comes to gaming. Having the chance to test the DVI model and the non DVI model, it gives you a better view of the benefits DVI offers.
It was time to load up our favorite game, Vietcong. Vietcong is a first person shooter based in the Vietnam War days. First Persons Shooters bring out the worst in monitors, due to the fast paced shooting and dark areas; it really shows the flaws in an LCD quite effectively. Gaming was quite good on the BroMagic LCD, while we did have to adjust the brightness and contrast slightly to get the best out of the monitor it played quite well. There was a slight amount of ghosting but when compared to the non-DVI model, it played overall a lot better.
The BroMagic LCD isn't the Ultimate Gaming LCD monitor, but it's going to be just fine for a lot of people. For someone who works from home and is a casual gamer, it will be just fine, while not breaking the bank.
- Movie Playback
The best way to test how the monitor looks when it comes to movie is by running a movie that is dominated by a lot of darkness and on the other side of the scale you want to run something that has lots of bright colors. For these reasons, most of the time a movie like Toy Story is best, since it is animated, there is no flaws in the picture.
Loading up Finding Nemo (Pixar's latest animated movie) brings the monitor straight to life and we get to see all the vivid colors come to life. When it comes to watching something that gets quite dark, we ran into similar problems we had with the Hercules LCD. Fortunately because the higher contrast ratio, it wasn't as bad and it did play slightly better. The higher contrast ratio does make quite a big difference not only here but also in games.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 1 [Introduction]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 2 [Specifications]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 3 [Features]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 5 [Features Continued Again and Setup]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 6 [Testing]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 motherboard supports quad GPUs
- AMD reveals Zen Summit Ridge CPU at Computex
- Asrock Fatal1ty X99 Pro Gaming 17 motherboard aimed at streamers
- Asrock X99 Taichi 'all-round' motherboard comes in at $219
- AMD's next-gen Radeon RX 480 priced at $199, a mid-range VR champion?
- Z777 PRO4 bios
- Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 - Both BIOS And System Informaiton Viewer - Smart Fan Advanced Software, Do NOT Control Fans
- New router needed?
- ASUSTOR AS3204T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Intel "Broadwell-E" Core i7-6950X 10-Core Extreme Edition CPU Review
- G.SKILL announces new RIPJAWS KM570 MX and KM770 RGB mechanical gaming keyboards
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series