Features Continued Again
- Contrast and Brightness
The brightness and contrast ratio are very similar to the Hercules ProphetView 920. While the 920 was a very good monitor, it was dark in particular areas which would cause a problem for some people, like in particularly dark games, for example.
Instead of the 350:1 contrast ratio offered by the ProphetView 920, here we see a higher 400:1 contrast ratio which should help in the darker areas. We will see just how much of a difference this has on the overall image brightness.
The OSD is very basic and shouldn't be a problem for anyone to master. With everything labeled appropriately, you shouldn't have any trouble getting to where you want to. Navigating up and down is done with the + and - buttons and once you are in the section you want, you can easily increase or decrease brightness, contrast etc with the same buttons with ease.
If you want to switch between the different video modes all you have to do is press the auto button - this is a lot easier then the ProphetView 920 as you had to go through the menu to do a simply task like change from the RCA port to the DVI port or vice versa, which took up valuable time.
Setting up an LCD is far from a hard task. This unit is fully attached and simply needs to be pulled from the box and placed on the desk. If your video card doesn't support DVI, you will have to purchase a separate VGA cable. While this model did have one included, future models will not and instead have the better DVI-D cable. VGA cables are very cheap and you shouldn't have a problem finding one at any local computer shop.
At the rear of the monitor everything is labeled so it's just a matter of plugging the audio cable into the back of the monitor then into your sound card to start making use of the speakers and the power cable provided into the back of the monitor then down to your local power source.
If you're interested in making use of some of the other options, like the RCA ports or the S-Video port, just plug the cables into the nominated area. Once that is done, press the auto button to switch between the different video inputs. As stated previously with all these inputs you could hook multiple PCs into it as well as an XBOX or something similar.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 1 [Introduction]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 2 [Specifications]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 3 [Features]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 5 [Features Continued Again and Setup]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 6 [Testing]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung unveils bendable/stretchable OLED display
- MSI scoops 5 awards for Computex Best Choice Award 2017
- Surface Pro continues to evolve, now packs Kaby Lake
- Qualcomm LTE chip powers Microsoft's new Surface Pro
- FSP will show off a watercooled PSU at Computex
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning