As we have stated already, the particular model we are looking at is the DVI version which helps bring a digital image to the screen which results in a much clearer and pleasant image due to less signal noise. Some people are going to find themselves not spending the extra money for the DVI model as its costs a little bit more and would simply prefer to go for the normal VGA model.
On the other side, others will go with the DVI version because it does look better or simply because it's more "future proof" - and in all honesty, digital is the way to go these days.
One feature we loved about the Hercules LCD which we looked at a while ago, that we don't see on a lot of LCDs, is the inclusion of an RCA port. This helps give the user more options to not only use the LCD as a computer monitor but also as a TV. The particular monitor from BroMagic takes the experience even further with RCA inputs for sound, so you could utilize the two small speakers on the monitor as well as an S-Video connector which wasn't on the Hercules LCD.
Like a lot of the top model Samsung monitors, the LCD also has separate analogue and digital inputs. This means if you wanted to, you could have two computers and run one via DVI and the other via normal VGA and easily switch between them. Plug in your pay TV box or game console and you have a full multi purpose LCD monitor which has a load of uses. Navigating between inputs is made a lot easier thanks to only having to push the button labeled auto - splendid!
- Build Quality
You can tell the difference between a cheaper LCD and a more expensive unit by the feel of it. This particular LCD doesn't feel as nice as the Hercules we looked at not to long ago.
Looking at the BroMagic LCD, you notice that the borders aren't too bad, while they aren't as thin as the ones seen on the 191T from Samsung, they are slightly thinner then the ones found on the Hercules ProphetView 920. Moving to the bottom of the LCD, you see the buttons which do exactly what they are suppose to do. The On Screen Display (OSD) is quite easy to use and should only take a moment to figure out; you will soon find yourself jumping around the menu to find the optimum settings for yourself, just like I did.
Moving right down to the very bottom you notice the big black plastic stand. The stand is very strong and not only gives you the ability to tilt the monitor up and down but to also twist it from side to side. Movement is very easy and the stand feels very sturdy.
The overall build quality is very good for the price but it has that cheaper plastic feel that would be naturally expected from a monitor in this price range.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 1 [Introduction]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 2 [Specifications]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 3 [Features]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 5 [Features Continued Again and Setup]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 6 [Testing]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Valve kicks off its stealth-themed Steam sale, with 64 games on sale
- Blizzard will show more from 'Overwatch' on Thursday
- Region coding removed from UltraHD Blu-ray spec
- We've seen it all - there are now SSD water blocks
- Black Ops 3 campaign lets you fast-forward right to the end
- Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Fans are always at 100%
- ASRock Fatal1ty x99x killer not booting up
- H97M - Gaming 3 stuck at "Entering setup
- Cougar 550M Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Can't overclock i7-5775C
- Giada Brightens up GITEX 2015 with Ultimate Digital Signage Mini PCs and Server
- Shuttle Announces the XS35V5 and XS36V5 Small Form Factor Computers
- Lexar Also Announces Professional 3600x and 3500x CFast 2.0 Cards
- Lexar Introduces New Professional 2933x XQD 2.0 Card
- Lexar Also Announces the 128GB Variant of Professional 2000x SDXC UHS-II Card