- The Box and its Content
As far as first glances of the box go, you don't find anything too exciting. It's in a cardboard box which states the size of the LCD and some of the key features. The main reason for such a bland box is to help keep prices down. BroMagic could have easily made some colorful box with lots of pictures but this would have raised the price of the monitor overall, and at the end of the day most people will probably find themselves throwing the box away anyway.
When opening up the box you see the LCD with a little bag packed down one side. When pulling the bag out you see the power cable, VGA cable and audio cable. Unfortunately this LCD didn't come with a DVI cable which was a bit of a disappointment; fortunately the next shipment will come with the DVI cable and not the VGA one, which we discovered after asking the company. The DVI connection used is DVI-D. DVI-D only carries a digital signal, some LCDs use another form of DVI which carries both digital and analogue signals but due to the fact that the BroMagic LCD has a separate port for analogue, the DVI connection used here is DVI-D.
The manual gives you the basic run down. Within the bag is the audio cable which can be used to plug into your sound card which gives you the ability to make use of the speakers found on the front of the LCD.
- First Glance
When pulling the LCD out of the box you find that it is slightly thicker then some of the other LCDs on the market but quickly find that the main reason for this is due to the AC power being built into the monitor instead of it being external.
Being internal has it pros and cons. As far as pros go, you don't have to worry about carting a separate transformer around with you, unfortunately the LCD becomes slightly bulkier then others and you also receive a small increase in weight. While the actual panel may be thicker then some others, it doesn't take up any more desk space then other models. The only time you would notice it being thicker is if you choose to wall mount it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 1 [Introduction]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 2 [Specifications]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 3 [Features]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 5 [Features Continued Again and Setup]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 6 [Testing]
- BroMagic 17" DVI LCD - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD