- Normal Computer Use
Like most LCDs, when it comes to normal computer use they are excellent, because they are easier on the eyes and they are just a lot nicer to use overall.
If you're going from a 17" CRT, it will take a little bit getting use to as the monitor isn't as high. It is measured 17" corner to corner so for this reason it's not as high because it's a wide screen. This will take some getting use to for people, while others will be able to get straight into it and will enjoy the extra width they now have to play with.
The worst thing about gaming with a widescreen is finding games that support wide screen resolutions. Some games don't have any problems, while others have to run in 1024 X 768 which of course stretches the image which can be annoying sometimes. As far as the overall gaming experience goes this would have to be one of the best LCDs on the market. Thanks to the low ms the 172W carries with it, you don't get any ghosting at all. Ghosting is when you are in game and moving around and where you see a trail follow it. This is due to high ms commonly found on cheaper monitors and can be quite annoying when playing games.
- Movie Playback
Movie playback is awesome and this is where you see the 16:9 resolutions come into affect. Load up anything with widescreen support and you will find your self watching movies without any borders - pure bliss. At first you may find it a bit dark but this is where MagicBright comes into affect. Simple change it over to the entertain mode and you will be watching the latest movies better than ever. If you're a big movie watcher, you will love the 172W as it really goes out to those people who love the whole 16:9 concept.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Samsung 172W LCD - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Samsung 172W LCD - Page 2 [Specifications and 16:9 Rundown]
- Samsung 172W LCD - Page 3 [Features]
- Samsung 172W LCD - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Samsung 172W LCD - Page 5 [Features Continued Again]
- Samsung 172W LCD - Page 6 [Testing]
- Samsung 172W LCD - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Dogs 2 trailer welcomes you to San Francisco
- Rule the streets on this official 'Mario Kart' bike
- NASA solved the secret of ESA's missing Mars lander
- He changed his name to Seven iPhone for a free iPhone 7
- New photos and a shocking price of Huawei Mate 9 emerged
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now