- The Box
The first thing you notice about the box is how thin it is. While LCDs are thin, most the time the box can still be quite thick due to the fact that the stand is quite big. There isn't too much you can say about the particular box, its thin, has a handle, states what model is on the inside and has a small picture of the LCD. All in the entire box is nice and thanks to it being quite small shipping costs should be kept down.
- The Contents
Opening up the box you see a very well compacted LCD that is packed superbly. Moving it out the way you find yourself with a load of extras on the inside including a analogue VGA cable, digital DVI cable, power cable with transformer, mounting plate with screws and a software CD. The mounting plate included can be used to mount the monitor to the wall. Some people may prefer to do this as it gives you even more desk space.
You may be curious to know why the monitor comes with not only a DVI cable but also an analogue VGA cable; the reason for this is due to it having support for both inputs. We will have a look later on how this works and if it's better or worse for the user.
- First Glance
As soon as you pull the monitor out of the box you simply can't help but go, "owwww ahhhh" - it really does look quite amazing at first glance and you find yourself quickly diving into the bag of accessories to get your DVI cable and power adapter. Once pulled out of the box you also notice why it was so slim, thanks to the stand design it can be bent right down making transportation an ease.
Having a quick look of the back, you see the word Samsung embedded into the monitor and the black/silver finish around the monitor makes it look very nice. They say first impressions last and at first glance this monitor looks to be a real winner. We will soon see if it simply looks good or is actually out there to compete with the best.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Samsung 172W LCD - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Samsung 172W LCD - Page 2 [Specifications and 16:9 Rundown]
- Samsung 172W LCD - Page 3 [Features]
- Samsung 172W LCD - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Samsung 172W LCD - Page 5 [Features Continued Again]
- Samsung 172W LCD - Page 6 [Testing]
- Samsung 172W LCD - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017