The LCD market has become huge over the past 12 months due to the decision by many manufacturers to place them into mass production. Last year some of the larger factories decided to start creating more and more LCDs, one particular company has been Samsung and thanks to the increased production, LCDs have dropped in price, increased in quality and overall become more common.
The problem that a lot of people come to when they want to choose an LCD is that when a sales person simply tells them it's a "15" LCD", people assume that its smaller then their current 17" CRT. LCDs are measured in screen size compared to full monitor size with CRTs. A 17" CRT monitor will have a screen size of about 16", while a 15.1" LCD has an actual screen size of 15.1".
Samsung has been producing high quality LCD monitors for a long time now and we hope to find that the 172W is no exception. LCDs do still have flaws in them and we will look more into them later on but for now we will get straight into it and see what the Samsung 172W has to offer and what exactly the W at the end of the model name means if you haven't already guessed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Samsung 172W LCD - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Samsung 172W LCD - Page 2 [Specifications and 16:9 Rundown]
- Samsung 172W LCD - Page 3 [Features]
- Samsung 172W LCD - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Samsung 172W LCD - Page 5 [Features Continued Again]
- Samsung 172W LCD - Page 6 [Testing]
- Samsung 172W LCD - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to get 1TB of lifetime cloud storage for only $39
- NASA finds strong evidence of water plumes on Europa
- Another stupid human crashes Google's self-driving party
- Xbox One S now gets free game of choice from Microsoft
- Apple's total cost to manufacture the iPhone 7 is $225
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now