Water has proven to be a much better way of cooling down a lot of heat generating devices for quite some time. After all, I don't see them cooling a Nuclear reactor with a big heatsink and fan. Computers, while not quite a nuclear reactor in the heat they generate, are certainly getting a lot hotter than we once had them. Gone are the days of the old 386 which in most cases didn't need a heatsink, and if it did, it was a passive unit. Now we have large heatsinks and high speed fans. While this is an option, the noise factor does play a huge part in it, and not everyone wants their system to sound like an industrial strength vacuum cleaner.
Koolance has done a great job in creating a cooling system than can be installed to anyone's PC. The installation process was quite painless and straight forward from the instructions. The filling was a bit of a pain due to the location of the bung plug, however, once done it doesn't have to be touched for around 6-8 months, depending on how hot you run your water.
In all, Koolance has done a very good job on the unit, the only problem is a slightly high price to cool your system, but if you want this kind of performance, you will have to shell out the dosh!
Performs better than air cooled systems
Complete with all you will need to start
Easy to read and follow instructions
Very noisy in full power mode
Location of the fill plug was quite annoying if you have to keep bleeding system
Rating - 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Koolance EXOS - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Koolance EXOS - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Koolance EXOS - Page 3 [Features]
- Koolance EXOS - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Koolance EXOS - Page 5 [Testing - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001SE]
- Koolance EXOS - Page 6 [Testing - 3DMark03]
- Koolance EXOS - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huddy: FreeSync on its way to all kinds of TVs
- Overwatch Competitive Play mode launches on Xbox One
- Intel joins BMW and Mobileeye on autonomous car technology
- Make the game you want to play with School of Game Design
- Lost in Space is coming back, with a 10-episode Netflix reboot
- asrock pro3 issues
- Techman XC100E5C 1.6TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD Review
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card