This test emulates Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workloads. OLTP is in essence the processing of transactions such as credit cards and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Enterprise SSDs are uniquely well suited for the financial sector with their low latency and high random workload performance. Databases are the bread and butter of many enterprise deployments. These are demanding 8K random workloads with a 66% read and 33% write distribution that can bring even the highest performing solutions down to earth.
As we begin to delve into our mixed workload benchmarks, it is important to note, again, that we test the SuperSSpeed S301 with 50% compressible data. OLTP and Database workloads tend to be highly compressible, so in real deployment performance may be higher than represented in these tests. Other workloads we test may also tend to have different compression ratios, so it is important to understand the workload and adjust purchasing decisions accordingly.
The SuperSSpeed S301 averages 35,541 IOPS at 256QD. This falls closely into the range of the Optimus and the Intel DC S3700, creating clutter in the test results. The Optimus averages 36,837 IOPS and the DC S3700 averages 33,546 IOPS at QD256. The range of performance with this group is 3,290 IOPS.
The SuperSSpeed S301 provided 5,262,364 I/Os (49.5%) in the 6-8ms range, 2,550,063 I/Os (24%) at 4-6ms, and 2,324,801 I/Os (21.8%) at 8-10ms.
The S301 averages 3.98 Watts during the precondition run.
The SuperSSpeed S301 provides an average of 8,939 IOPS per Watt.
The Webserver profile is a read-only test with a wide range of file sizes. Web servers are responsible for generating content for users to view over the internet, much like the very page you are reading. The speed of the underlying storage system has a massive impact on the speed and responsiveness of the server that is hosting the websites, and thus the end user experience.
The SuperSSpeed S301 again falls into a clustered range of performance making the graph somewhat difficult to read. At 256QD the S301 averages 22,154 IOPS, the P400m 21,533 IOPS and the DC S3700 23,546 IOPS.
The variability between the highest and lowest SSD in this group is a mere 2,000 IOPS, and all three SSDs experience similar performance variability.
The SuperSSpeed S301 delivered 5,148,957 I/Os (77.7%) in the 10-20ms range and 1,372,885 I/Os (20.7%) at 8-10ms.
The S301 averages 3.69 Watts during the measurement window.
The S301 averages 6,013 IOPS per Watt, among the lowest scores in this test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA solved the secret of ESA's missing Mars lander
- He changed his name to Seven iPhone for a free iPhone 7
- New photos and a shocking price of Huawei Mate 9 emerged
- Elon Musk describes his vision for colonization of Mars
- Nintendo Switch is single-screen only, says Nintendo
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now