This test emulates Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workloads. OLTP is in essence the processing of transactions such as credit cards and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Enterprise SSDs are uniquely well suited for the financial sector with their low latency and high random workload performance. Databases are the bread and butter of many enterprise deployments. These are demanding 8K random workloads with a 66% read and 33% write distribution that can bring even the highest performing solutions down to earth.
As we begin to delve into our mixed workload benchmarks, it is important to note, again, that we test the SuperSSpeed S301 with 50% compressible data. OLTP and Database workloads tend to be highly compressible, so in real deployment performance may be higher than represented in these tests. Other workloads we test may also tend to have different compression ratios, so it is important to understand the workload and adjust purchasing decisions accordingly.
The SuperSSpeed S301 averages 35,541 IOPS at 256QD. This falls closely into the range of the Optimus and the Intel DC S3700, creating clutter in the test results. The Optimus averages 36,837 IOPS and the DC S3700 averages 33,546 IOPS at QD256. The range of performance with this group is 3,290 IOPS.
The SuperSSpeed S301 provided 5,262,364 I/Os (49.5%) in the 6-8ms range, 2,550,063 I/Os (24%) at 4-6ms, and 2,324,801 I/Os (21.8%) at 8-10ms.
The S301 averages 3.98 Watts during the precondition run.
The SuperSSpeed S301 provides an average of 8,939 IOPS per Watt.
The Webserver profile is a read-only test with a wide range of file sizes. Web servers are responsible for generating content for users to view over the internet, much like the very page you are reading. The speed of the underlying storage system has a massive impact on the speed and responsiveness of the server that is hosting the websites, and thus the end user experience.
The SuperSSpeed S301 again falls into a clustered range of performance making the graph somewhat difficult to read. At 256QD the S301 averages 22,154 IOPS, the P400m 21,533 IOPS and the DC S3700 23,546 IOPS.
The variability between the highest and lowest SSD in this group is a mere 2,000 IOPS, and all three SSDs experience similar performance variability.
The SuperSSpeed S301 delivered 5,148,957 I/Os (77.7%) in the 10-20ms range and 1,372,885 I/Os (20.7%) at 8-10ms.
The S301 averages 3.69 Watts during the measurement window.
The S301 averages 6,013 IOPS per Watt, among the lowest scores in this test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- QuakeCon 2016 announced for August 4-7, 2016
- Fallout 4 has more dialogue than Fallout 3 and Skyrim combined
- Batman: Arkham Knight is finally playable on PC thanks to new patch
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015