8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the CloudSpeed 500 comes in at 30,000 IOPS, but the SM843 manages a tremendous 44,499 IOPS during the QD256 measurement window.
The average 8K random write speed of the SMART Storage Systems CloudSpeed 500 is 16,460 IOPS at QD 256, and the Samsung SM843 averages 6,269 IOPS.
The CloudSpeed has the same slight performance curve with the addition of a write workload. The SM843 leads the pack with the pure 8K random read speed, but performance falls once we begin mixing in a write workload.
The CloudSpeed has very good latency distribution in this test, with 2,142,093 I/O's (43.6%) falling into the 20-40ms range, and 1,754,697 I/O's (35.7%) falling into the 6-8ms range.
Power consumption for the CloudSpeed 500 averages 3.39 Watts, and the SM843 averaged 2.67 Watts.
The CloudSpeed averages 4,792 IOPS per Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Russian hackers have scraped over $790 million in three years
- Online store, Yatango, closes shop and leaves buyers hanging
- Carbon lattice material now set for use in high-end microphones
- Aussie telecom Optus offers free Xbox One with Microsoft Lumia order
- Australia implementing digital drivers licences before 2019
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis